2021 Yukon AT4. Climate control buttons stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does Google Assistant let you control it? "Hey Google, Set the Air Conditioning to 71"

May ask to speak w/ the service manager at the dealer. Would think GM would route a part for an already built vehicle to get it fixed over one on the line...but possibly hasn't been properly escalated.
l highly doubt it….

GM is hand to mouth with suppliers now, they would never jeopardize stopping the line over a parts shortage, as sad as that may seem.
I was missing a part this spring that was on a perennial out of stock situation. I escalated it as far as it made sense and they just said there are none out there. But the line continued on a daily basis. The only way I fixEd the situation was by getting the GM part number and calling dealers individually. There is inventory out there but it is hidden to the system as dealers are protecting it for their customers. Finally found one that would sell it to my dealer to get my vehicle fixed.

OP
OP
J

JohnAT4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have not tried the google assistant idea.... I will look into it. I have discussed with dealer service manager... pretty much silence at this point. GMC "Part delay team" emails me every 4 or 5 days with an canned email saying "We just checked and No ETA for your part"... thanks for your understanding etc.

OP
OP
J

JohnAT4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I may have mentioned above but I bought the part online from a salvaged vehicle on ebay... because i apparently thought parts could be interchanged between vehicles. I was wrong because they are VIN locked from factory and non-transferable. I did see a video on Youtube about EEPROM reprogramming to re-code the part to allow it to be used... but I would definitely brick my car because if I was dumb enough to think parts could be interchanged, I am too dumb for that procedure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons