2021 Yukon AT4. Climate control buttons stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnAT4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Weird issue started yesterday. When I start my car, the temp on AC is set on "HI" and on Max defrost for the vents (even if I had AC on at 70 when I turned it off). The manual knobs on the center stack for adjusting temp do not work (but do display the temperature). The knob for changing fan speed do not work. The manual buttons for changing the vent levels do not work. The seat ventilation/heat buttons stopped working all together. BUT, fortunately, if I go to the infotainment screen for Climate, I can change settings on the screen or it would have been a HOT 4 hour drive today. I will probably just have to take it to dealership.... just hoping someone might know an easy-ish fix. Thanks

MAnderson1977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@JohnAT4 The exact same problem started happening earlier this week with my 2021 Yukon. Did you find a solution to this?

Last edited:

MAnderson1977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To follow up.... took my Yukon to the dealership and they determined that part of the control panel was defective and needed to be replaced. It was the part that contains the knobs that adjust the temperature.

corima

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
happened to mine when it was a about 6 months old. They had to order parts, took a week but they gave me a loaner.

OP
OP
J

JohnAT4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for delay in getting back. Dealer says it was the HVAC control module (same part yall mentioned). They ordered it at the end of March but is still backordered unfortunately.

OP
OP
J

JohnAT4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an update. GMC still has this HVAC control module on backorder. It has been 3 months. There was supposed to be an update on 6/16 from GMC and the dealer reports no update was given. I happened to pick up a used unit from a salvaged car on Ebay, but dealer told me today that once the units are "coded" to a particular car they cannot be transplanted to another car. I wouldn't mind selling this car at this point, because who wants a car under warranty that cannot be fixed, but also don't want to take a monetary hit for selling a car that should be fixed under warranty.

OP
OP
J

JohnAT4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am still waiting to get this problem fixed. Dealer and GMC say "No ETA" on HVAC control module.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that stinks. How long has dealer had it so far? Still have a loaner?

OP
OP
J

JohnAT4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It does stink but I have been driving the Yukon. It drives fine... I can control AC with the infotainment screen. But remote start doesn't cool the car, seat ventilation doesn't work, and whenever I start the car it blasts hot air until I can adjust the settings with the infotainment screen. I know... first world problems for sure. But it eats at me

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does Google Assistant let you control it? "Hey Google, Set the Air Conditioning to 71"

May ask to speak w/ the service manager at the dealer. Would think GM would route a part for an already built vehicle to get it fixed over one on the line...but possibly hasn't been properly escalated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk