2021 Tahoe SIDE MIRROR Cover Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken Chevrolet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the Chevy Community. I am replacing my side mirror covers on my 2021 Tahoe but cannot find out how to remove the factory covers from the mirror assembly. Earlier models seem to pop of with clips behind the mirror glass by squeezing a pick behind to lift tabs. My RST doesnt seem to have the same design. Can anyone help direct a proper route to removing these? TIA!

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope someone gets to this soon….if there ar problems I don;t want to be the “Pathfinder”…..

I am thinking of switching my 23 Premier. Chrome mirror caps to Gloss Black pre painted Or the OEM paint to match black. Prices are close enough where I would probably go with gloss black and not have to worry about $$$ for the PTM. The side benefit of the PTM is probably a lot easier to match paint when vehicle is new before sun fade and oxidization.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope someone gets to this soon….if there ar problems I don;t want to be the “Pathfinder”…..

I am thinking of switching my 23 Premier. Chrome mirror caps to Gloss Black pre painted Or the OEM paint to match black. Prices are close enough where I would probably go with gloss black and not have to worry about $$$ for the PTM. The side benefit of the PTM is probably a lot easier to match paint when vehicle is new before sun fade and oxidization.
Doesn't the chrome look good and match the other accents? I'm just asking because there's a lot of posts about similar topics of debadging, etc. It seems as if you bought that package you'd want the nice factory look? Are there other modifications that would match?

Maybe I'm wrong and just too old school.

I'm taking a more proactive approach to replies FYI since I've ruffled feathers, hurt that 1 feeling, etc in the past.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally got the premiere because of the maple sugar leather interior (live in AZ currently and wanted to avoid black interior); it has chrome mirrors though I would've chosen the high country's body colored mirror option if it was offered.

I'm not opposed to the massive amount of chrome across the vehicle though would like the option of doing a chrome delete one day and body-colored mirrors are one less thing to have to black out; my suburban is white and I think the stormtrooper look with all chrome blacked out looks sweet.

I would prefer white body-colored mirrors caps but black mirror caps would produce the same effect and avoid the higher bill to get a paint shop to repaint the plastic mirror caps.

Though if anyone is selling Summit White mirror caps for a 2021-23 Suburban/tahoe in like new condition, I'm interested :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC