2021 tahoe LT friont recovery hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truck100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can get front recovery tow hooks for 2021 LT? Like the Z71 has? There are 2 spaces in the front bumper. One side has a removable cover. When I remove it there is nothing there except front of frame and a hole pattern that does not fit any current tow hooks for tahoe, silverado etc.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could they be for fog lights? Are there holes in another part of the frame that might accommodate fog lights?

Last edited:

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can get front recovery tow hooks for 2021 LT? Like the Z71 has? There are 2 spaces in the front bumper. One side has a removable cover. When I remove it there is nothing there except front of frame and a hole pattern that does not fit any current tow hooks for Tahoe, silverado etc.
So the bolt pattern on a Z71 hook is different than the ones on the LT frame? I find it hard to believe the Z71 has a different frame but nothing from GM would surprise me these days :) LOL

Dakota_male

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the bolt pattern on a Z71 hook is different than the ones on the LT frame? I find it hard to believe the Z71 has a different frame but nothing from GM would surprise me these days :) LOL
I have the high country and have the plastic over the empty frame opening too. I think making an insert that bolts in with a threaded hole to screw an eyelet in when required might be the simplistic way and leaving the plastic over it.. I measured it today and it is easy enough to make, the eye bolt just has to screw in after removing the cover when you need to two.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the high country and have the plastic over the empty frame opening too. I think making an insert that bolts in with a threaded hole to screw an eyelet in when required might be the simplistic way and leaving the plastic over it.. I measured it today and it is easy enough to make, the eye bolt just has to screw in after removing the cover when you need to two.

That's what many SUV vehicles do for front end recovery. Big eyebolt into the frame behind plastic cover. 2 of my vehicle's came with that setup...

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think some of these vehicles use the space where a tow hook would traditionally go to mount adaptive cruise control sensors. Might want to double check that you won’t mess something up by adding something in this area.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the AT4 front fascia will mount to an SLT and if so, is the chrome grill trim part of the front fascia? I ask because AT4 has "black chrome" trim, whereas SLT is chrome. Seems like one big piece of plastic, but would be nice to keep chrome trim. I really want tow hooks and would appreciate the additional approach angle.

Last edited:

Jsenky

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the AT4 front fascia will mount to an SLT and if so, is the chrome grill trim part of the front fascia? I ask because AT4 has "black chrome" trim, whereas SLT is chrome. Seems like one big piece of plastic, but would be nice to keep chrome trim. I really want tow hooks and would appreciate the additional approach angle.

my at4 doesnt really have a front “fascia” like the slt does. The whole bumper and grill are different and would have to be replaced to swap between the two trims. The silver part in the pic below is just the skid plate.

i would like to think you can get the tow hooks to work somehow though.

8F7F769F-BE5E-4A4E-B50E-3551553F37A9.jpeg

Leon00000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is also an LT and just got towed today from snow. Driver use both side lower arm as recovery point and works fine.
D32E1852-55DB-4116-8DAC-BA9158390DBC.jpeg

Ajmalian

Reaction score
67CCFF25-6961-48E2-BB61-DE06A732908B.jpeg

So here in the UAE, with regards to GMC Yukons only….only the Denali’s are affected by this issue and the only solution is to get the hook illustrated in the image attached. Now this belongs to my cousin’s Mercedes and I borrowed it for illustration purposes, however does anybody know where I can order a properly sized one that would work with the 2021 Yukon Denalis??

This is so stupid and should have been supplied by GM right from the get go. If anything I went through the owners manual and it shows that to tow your truck or to secure it to the flat bed trucks, there two points in the frame underneath with which you can secure the truck. I mean that is so stupidly impractical...how is one supposed to access that at a time of stress. I mean hello...I'm already stressed out because either I broke down or I'm stuck in the sand or am stuck in snow....and now I need to hook my truck on to these securing points which are difficult to reach??!!! How does that even make sense!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout