2021 Tahoe/Escalade/Yukon Power Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BTSRT

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been side track since my motor threw a rod. Anyways, I was able to get in contact with David Schiavone - Cadillac Escalade Global Product Manager at General Motors and he has pulled in electrical and chassis teams to find I way to get them operating. Sounds like there maybe a few modules to get them to operate. More to come.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been side track since my motor threw a rod. Anyways, I was able to get in contact with David Schiavone - Cadillac Escalade Global Product Manager at General Motors and he has pulled in electrical and chassis teams to find I way to get them operating. Sounds like there maybe a few modules to get them to operate. More to come.

Are you referring to the motor in your '21 Escalade?

You can't just mention such a thing and keep rolling onto the sidesteps! Might be a bit off topic for this thread here, so not sure if you started another one regarding this or not but definitely interested in how and why this occurred? Covered under warranty I would hope?

OP
OP
BTSRT

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the motor in your '21 Escalade?

You can't just mention such a thing and keep rolling onto the sidesteps! Might be a bit off topic for this thread here, so not sure if you started another one regarding this or not but definitely interested in how and why this occurred? Covered under warranty I would hope?

Yes, my 2021 Escalade motor with 3k miles (under warranty). Lifters were ticking bad and rods were knocking. Dealer is looking at it now. Known issue with DOD AFM 6.2. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a class action lawsuit pending.

Update - 2 bent rods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BTSRT

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the only way is to wire the boards to the door trigger.

OP
OP
BTSRT

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a module that plugs into the boards motor that coverts power/ground/3 position sensor wires to trigger wire?

2021TahoeRST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, my 2021 Escalade motor with 3k miles (under warranty). Lifters were ticking bad and rods were knocking. Dealer is looking at it now. Known issue with DOD AFM 6.2. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a class action lawsuit pending.

Update - 2 bent rods.
Just rolled 3k on Thursday on 2021 Tahoe RST and the wife started hearing the thumping and dreaded ticking noise. Can’t even enjoy going away for the holiday weekend. Bought a land-yacht only to be given a roller skate for a loaner and dealer can’t even look at the truck until Tuesday….smh. GM get your act together.

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
Just rolled 3k on Thursday on 2021 Tahoe RST and the wife started hearing the thumping and dreaded ticking noise. Can’t even enjoy going away for the holiday weekend. Bought a land-yacht only to be given a roller skate for a loaner and dealer can’t even look at the truck until Tuesday….smh. GM get your act together.
What’s your build date?

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, build date please. I'm about to trade mine for a Denali or AT4.

I've had my SLT for a full year now; 15700 miles. No lifter issue and I thought this was all due to a bad batch of lifters several months ago. I would have thought the new builds were safe...

Tlaroc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need power running boards on my Tahoe anybody get anywhere with this?