2021 PPV and SSV Specs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://media.chevrolet.com/media/u...ent/Pages/news/us/en/2020/may/0512-tahoe.html

Check out the brakes and the specs for the DFM 5.3 engines! 2 Different SSVs available too.

A glimpse of the article:

Pursuit-rated enhancements

Both the PPV and SSV models are powered by the Tahoe’s 5.3L V-8 engine paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. To meet the most demanding needs of law enforcement, the PPV engine borrows high-performance rocker covers from the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 LT4 engine. These rocker covers improve crankcase ventilation, allowing the 2021 Tahoe to handle high lateral conditions better than its predecessor. Engine oil and transmission fluid are cooled by dedicated, heavy-duty cooling systems specific for law enforcement applications.

To handle the dynamic load of police pursuits, Chevrolet worked with Bridgestone to develop a pursuit-rated all-season tire. The Firestone Firehawk Pursuit tires, mounted to 20-inch steel wheels, were tested by Chevrolet at multiple race tracks and play a large role in the PPV’s improved stopping distance, which has been reduced by 11 feet from 62 to 0 mph on dry surfaces compared to the 2020 model.

Additional performance enhancements of the PPV include:

• Specific suspension tuning with unique monotube dampers, coil springs and stabilizer bars for less body roll and more driver confidence when executing police-type maneuvers.
  • Lower ride height compared to civilian Tahoes for better high-speed aerodynamics and improved vehicle stability.
  • Heavy-duty braking system with large front Brembo six-piston aluminum monoblock calipers on 16-inch rotors.
  • Heavy-duty, clutch-type limited slip rear differential.
  • Speedometer certified at 140 mph.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://media.chevrolet.com/media/u...ent/Pages/news/us/en/2020/may/0512-tahoe.html

Check out the brakes and the specs for the DFM 5.3 engines! 2 Different SSVs available too.

A glimpse of the article:

Pursuit-rated enhancements

Both the PPV and SSV models are powered by the Tahoe’s 5.3L V-8 engine paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. To meet the most demanding needs of law enforcement, the PPV engine borrows high-performance rocker covers from the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 LT4 engine. These rocker covers improve crankcase ventilation, allowing the 2021 Tahoe to handle high lateral conditions better than its predecessor. Engine oil and transmission fluid are cooled by dedicated, heavy-duty cooling systems specific for law enforcement applications.

To handle the dynamic load of police pursuits, Chevrolet worked with Bridgestone to develop a pursuit-rated all-season tire. The Firestone Firehawk Pursuit tires, mounted to 20-inch steel wheels, were tested by Chevrolet at multiple race tracks and play a large role in the PPV’s improved stopping distance, which has been reduced by 11 feet from 62 to 0 mph on dry surfaces compared to the 2020 model.

Additional performance enhancements of the PPV include:

• Specific suspension tuning with unique monotube dampers, coil springs and stabilizer bars for less body roll and more driver confidence when executing police-type maneuvers.
  • Lower ride height compared to civilian Tahoes for better high-speed aerodynamics and improved vehicle stability.
  • Heavy-duty braking system with large front Brembo six-piston aluminum monoblock calipers on 16-inch rotors.
  • Heavy-duty, clutch-type limited slip rear differential.
  • Speedometer certified at 140 mph.
Very cool. I like the upgraded batteries and electrical. I wish this was an option for the rest of us.

“The electrical system is powered by an upgraded dual battery system with emergency equipment isolation to meet the unique needs of police. To avoid excessive engine idling, a 760-amp auxiliary battery will allow video systems, department radios, mobile data terminals, emergency lighting and more to operate without running the engine. A new high-output alternator is 47 percent more powerful than the 2020 model to support the continuous running of electrical equipment.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2021 PPV&SSV I am sure will work well for most police agencies. The only problem will be getting enough money in the budget to buy them.

Broward County finally got enough money to buy a lot of 2019-2020 Tahoe's to mix in with their Chargers. The Sheriff practically had to beg the county to get enough money for the Tahoe's.

Miami-Dade has barely any money for vehicles and keeps their vehicles till the wheels fall off. I doubt they will ever get Tahoe's

FHP used to have a lot of Tahoe's but now it is just mostly all V8 Chargers and only a small sprinkling of Tahoe's.

If police agency budgets are cut back anymore for any reason they will have to pass on the Tahoe and unfortunately get the cheaper Explorer,Durango or just keep getting the Charger.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2021 PPV&SSV I am sure will work well for most police agencies. The only problem will be getting enough money in the budget to buy them.

Broward County finally got enough money to buy a lot of 2019-2020 Tahoe's to mix in with their Chargers. The Sheriff practically had to beg the county to get enough money for the Tahoe's.

Miami-Dade has barely any money for vehicles and keeps their vehicles till the wheels fall off. I doubt they will ever get Tahoe's

FHP used to have a lot of Tahoe's but now it is just mostly all V8 Chargers and only a small sprinkling of Tahoe's.

If police agency budgets are cut back anymore for any reason they will have to pass on the Tahoe and unfortunately get the cheaper Explorer,Durango or just keep getting the Charger.

FHP Tahoes are up here and further north to the state capital. I figured there might even be a run on new police cars since so many were ruined recently.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FHP was actually going to go with the Durangos after trying out the Explorers and decided to go with the Tahoe. Chevy has been able to sell them a lot cheaper. FHP ended up buying a bunch last year along with some 5.0 Mustangs

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yup, I keep an eye on public auctions( I flip cop cars on side ) and Miami dade has had some OLD STUFF !! come up for auction !! Seen old Impalas and Intrepid even a few late 90's 9C1 Luminas !!

What REALLY blew my head was last October @ Orlando airport waiting for my hotel shuttle. I saw a unmarked?? Tenth Gen '97-04 style purple/maroonish flare side F150 pull over a Camry o_O:shrug:

Dave

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my current '10 PPV Tahoe, but I cannot wait to get my hands on a 2021.......The brakes and the 10spd AT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons