2021 Denali died while on the road - 292 total miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FYI to other new 2021 owners. I upgraded from my 2012 Tahoe LTZ (which was completely solid - no issues) to new GMC 2021 Yukon Denali. Purchased 12/15. Literally 3rd trip out of the garage and the truck died 70 miles into a 125 mile trip.

Cruise control turned off, check engine light came on, ECS (emissions) and TCS (traction) lights came on. Truck would restart, rough idle, smell like gas and quit.

Currently towed to local dealer who are looking at it. I'll post more when I learn more. I wanted to share in case this is a systemic issue.

Have a safe and healthy holiday season.
Rich

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Hope it gets fixed ASAP so you can get back on the road.

Welcome from Miami Beach Rich!

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not surprised. Very problematic with this 1st year redesign. I've tried to warn everyone that I talk too. Luckily, mine has not left me stranded, yet.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
That really stinks. Seems to be lots of problems with these new ones. Good luck with it!

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it is your fuel pump and/or fuel pump control module. Mine went out at the 616 mile mark. . Onstar provided a error code. It was P1029, ( fuel pump open circuits) . I was without it for over a month due to the lack of available parts. Hopefully they are in stock and you get back on the road in no time.Keep us posted

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Really sorry to read about this issue with your new truck. Hopefully, you'll be back on the road real soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan