2021 Bose Amp location and wiring info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sinewave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Bose system is lacking IMO but I thought I would share my findings with the forum. The biggest challenge with this system is it uses a new version of MOST-50 digital signal from the radio to the Bose amp. The Bose amp then Eq, filters, and time delays you speakers. Additionally your chimes, noise cancelation, and phone call all run through this amp. It tried to use a JL Fix to correct this to get a flat audio output but the comb filters Bose uses is too much for it to correct. I kept failing calibrations.

As of this post there are no audio interfaces available for this generation truck, however Nav-TV and PAC may have some in the coming months. There are some sites like LLJ customs offering complete wiring harnesses for LOC interfaces. These are well made wiring harnesses and the service they offer is great for those that just want plug and play.

Today I decided to take a look at the Bose Wiring of my 2021 Z71 Tahoe. This vehicle is equipped with a 9 speaker audio system. (2 dash spk, 2 front door spk, 2 rear door speakers, 2 rear trim speakers, and a single 6.5" sub in the center arm rest). The amp is located on the rear left side fender well. If you remove the fuse/jack cover panel you will see it mounted to the fender well.
IMG_1554[1].JPG
To there are three plugs that connect to the bottom of this amp. These will fit perfectly with the APH-GM02 harness offered by PACs. https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/amplifier-integration-harness/aph-gm02

The wiring pinout listed for this harness is incorrect for this 2021 vehicle.

I tone generated the each of the speaker pairs and re-mapped the pinouts for anyone that would like to make their own harness to interface with this system. When an interface becomes available this would allow you to amplify your speakers without cutting factory wiring or give you a solid subwoofer output signal for an aftermarket sub. Please note you will need to disable ANC mics if you add a sub.
2021 GM Bose Wiring.JPG
2021 GM Bose wiring pt2.JPG

I did not need Harness 3. Please note the rear trim speakers are tied to the rear door speakers in parallel.

Hope this helps

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
Nice work, but you could have fooled me that we have a sub in this truck given how poor the bass is. I figured the z71 didn't have one and the location where the amp is where the sub should have been.

OP
OP
Sinewave

Sinewave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice work, but you could have fooled me that we have a sub in this truck given how poor the bass is. I figured the z71 didn't have one and the location where the amp is where the sub should have been.
Its funny you say that, as there is a round speaker perforation in this rear left panel just like previous years that supported aftermarket sub enclosures. There is more than enough space and there are open threaded bolt holes on the bose amp bracket. There is most certainly a small 6.5" sub in the center console but I completely agree the bass is very weak.

31miles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You did said above that you need to disable ANCS Mic, how are you do that ? and what is the effect of doing this after the fact ?

OP
OP
Sinewave

Sinewave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You did said above that you need to disable ANCS Mic, how are you do that ? and what is the effect of doing this after the fact ?
There are harnesses that plug into the harness that have the Micophones. it loops back so no cutting is required

The reason for doing this is to eliminate feedback noise or humming when adding an aftermarket sub. The factory mics listen to the ambient noise of the interior and then the amplifier sends that noise back through the factory speaker 180° out of phase to cancel some of the noise floor. Its supposed to give you a quieter interior while driving. If left intact your subs would get this out of phase signal and act erratic and hum.

GDragich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its funny you say that, as there is a round speaker perforation in this rear left panel just like previous years that supported aftermarket sub enclosures. There is more than enough space and there are open threaded bolt holes on the bose amp bracket. There is most certainly a small 6.5" sub in the center console but I completely agree the bass is very weak.
FYI- on my wife’s 21 Yukon Denali there IS a sub back there- looks to be an 8”. I am planning to upgrade that once I can figure out how to remove that panel

yukon-xl

Reaction score
Hi there, new here... purchased a 2021 Suburban with 9 speaker Bose system. I removed the center console and installed a jump seat, and had to unplug and remove the original bose custom subwoofer box that was under the console with a 5.5inch woofer in it, it was odd size and would not fit under the seat.
If anyone knows any alternative box that would fit under the center jump seat (i have the seat without lower storage compartment). Would appreciate any advice to install original 5.5 bose woofer into a smaller box that would fit under the seat to gain some bass back. Thank you!

Last edited:

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bose system is lacking IMO but I thought I would share my findings with the forum. The biggest challenge with this system is it uses a new version of MOST-50 digital signal from the radio to the Bose amp. The Bose amp then Eq, filters, and time delays you speakers. Additionally your chimes, noise cancelation, and phone call all run through this amp. It tried to use a JL Fix to correct this to get a flat audio output but the comb filters Bose uses is too much for it to correct. I kept failing calibrations.

As of this post there are no audio interfaces available for this generation truck, however Nav-TV and PAC may have some in the coming months. There are some sites like LLJ customs offering complete wiring harnesses for LOC interfaces. These are well made wiring harnesses and the service they offer is great for those that just want plug and play.

Today I decided to take a look at the Bose Wiring of my 2021 Z71 Tahoe. This vehicle is equipped with a 9 speaker audio system. (2 dash spk, 2 front door spk, 2 rear door speakers, 2 rear trim speakers, and a single 6.5" sub in the center arm rest). The amp is located on the rear left side fender well. If you remove the fuse/jack cover panel you will see it mounted to the fender well.
View attachment 304998
To there are three plugs that connect to the bottom of this amp. These will fit perfectly with the APH-GM02 harness offered by PACs. https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/amplifier-integration-harness/aph-gm02

The wiring pinout listed for this harness is incorrect for this 2021 vehicle.

I tone generated the each of the speaker pairs and re-mapped the pinouts for anyone that would like to make their own harness to interface with this system. When an interface becomes available this would allow you to amplify your speakers without cutting factory wiring or give you a solid subwoofer output signal for an aftermarket sub. Please note you will need to disable ANC mics if you add a sub.
View attachment 304999
View attachment 305000

I did not need Harness 3. Please note the rear trim speakers are tied to the rear door speakers in parallel.

Hope this helps

Sorry you’ll have to deal with a newb here. So this harness works for the 21/22 even though it says up to 19? I’m assuming it would work for the Yukon too?

What exactly would I do to hook up a powered sub?

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI- on my wife’s 21 Yukon Denali there IS a sub back there- looks to be an 8”. I am planning to upgrade that once I can figure out how to remove that panel
Did you ever figure out how to remove the panel? I'd like some instructions if I can find them before I go and start yanking on stuff.

jessicakaybdsm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i hope no one ordered anything for LLJ customs. they are a scam website that takes you order than never ships anything and when you want a refund they charge you 45% restocking. they got me for 265$. i am looking for a way to cancell my anc since they never shipped me anything. does anyone know how?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14