2021-2024 LED Tahoe Tail Light upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HollerToHighcntry

HollerToHighcntry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I felt the same way.

Ive seen these instances as well. Which is why I went with bulbs that have a heat sync built in. I used my temp gun and only got a 40 degree+ difference from Baseline after about 10 minutes of constant on use. My base was 110 (AZ) and when fired up the lights under heavy use it got to 160max average reading was 150.
Follow up Ive gotten the Break lights up to 270.... this is past the mould point but not past the melting points of these plastics.. right now Im just hovering the break resistors so they are not near plastic.. working out pretty well.

OP
OP
HollerToHighcntry

HollerToHighcntry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nah, there is a lot of room back there. I’m pulling. +40

Just pulled it out and let the blinker run for a few mins, way longer than would happen in real driving. We are well bellow the mould point of the plastic used in the lights. Again my case is extreme. I live in a already very hot desert. See pics.
following up on this. My break resistors get to 270 after an extended use. this is past the mould point but no where near the melting point. im floating them right now and not having issues. ill report back if anything changes.. or make a more in depth video on the the heat management.. i really don't want to tap into the metal.

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank your for this info! I’m going to have my audio install guy do this for me. He’s an electrical engineer and I’ll be sending him all your notes made to this point.

Superdad1079

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Following up on my last post, does anyone know if this will void any warranties?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts