2020 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Jeff!

I vote to definitely get it.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying the 2020 yukon XL and wanted to check with everyone here of what are some things to look our for. I know the 2021 is coming out and with GM announcing 0% financing now is best time to haggle the best price for the 2020s I believe.

What are some common problems I can expect to face owning this car?

In terms of reliability, can I expect to go 150k miles without any issues as long as I maintain the car? I will do oil changes and fluids every 6k miles.

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you
These vehicles are extremely reliable, comfortable, and safe. Nothing beats them. I would definitely get the 2020 if you get a great deal. I love my XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the 2020 gets the DFM which appears to be miles better than the previous AFM.

For me I think I'd be waiting for the 2021. I really like the idea that the floor no longer needs to be raised up to fold the seats. The seats can fold into a true floor rather than the raised floor.

I've driven our 2008 Explorer with independent suspension and our 2002 Tahoe with the solid axle. Honestly, I don't feel a big difference between they way each one handles, but then I'm not pushing them hard. I'm not super easy on them, but I'm not trying to push them to their limits either. I think the big benefit for the rear independent suspension is the ability to indent the floor pan for the folding seats.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These vehicles are extremely reliable, comfortable, and safe. Nothing beats them. I would definitely get the 2020 if you get a great deal. I love my XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Escalade, expedition and YukonXL.

You’re an SUV maniac! I’d kill for a bigger garage.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying the 2020 yukon XL and wanted to check with everyone here of what are some things to look our for. I know the 2021 is coming out and with GM announcing 0% financing now is best time to haggle the best price for the 2020s I believe.

What are some common problems I can expect to face owning this car?

In terms of reliability, can I expect to go 150k miles without any issues as long as I maintain the car? I will do oil changes and fluids every 6k miles.

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you
I have had very few issues with mine (2016) other than stuck valves and a couple fit and finish gremlins. They ride like trucks (for obvious reasons) much more so than the previous gen. I ordered mine with smaller wheels to help soften the ride (didn’t help much).

If you can hold off until 21 you’ll be rewarded with a much better ride but the incentives won’t be there and you’ll be getting a first year model. Took GM a good 2-3 years to shake out the issues in this gen.

Good luck

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do take time to test drive and warm up the engine 10+ of highway miles minimum, then come to a stop with the truck still in Drive and let it sit for 20-30 seconds and then feel if there is a sensation that idle is "missing", skips or tremble. It is light but very noticeable. I test drove 3 Tahoes this past weekend all brand new and they all had it, I did not like it a tiny bit as it is something that you will feel on every traffic light and in every drive-in. I have been battling rough idle for 9 months with GM and do not plan on GM to help you under warranty in any way ask me how I know :(

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
deff get the xl we wanted to be cheep and got a slt on the 0% apr
Xl is longer Wheel base, slt is a trim level. If you meant to say ‘Get the denali trim’ and ‘Not get the longer model’.....well now ya know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212