2020 Yukon Denali..Fuel miles per gallon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my question is what MPG can I expect on a 2020 Yukon Denali on the open free ways? Out in the west the limit is 80 and traffic is doing it. I am just breaking it in and have avoided the free way so far and it does get the advertised 21 mpg at the slower speeds. Does the big 6.2 go to about 9 at the true free way speed?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Whatever the posted/advertised mpg is for the highway will be just that. We all know the manufacturer is never wrong or padding that mpg on our rigs. Just the fact that the in town mpg s the same should put your mind at ease. How many miles on it by now? Why avoid the freeway driving during this time? I can't afford one so maybe the manual says to do that? I would be surprised but the newer, the more I know less about all that.

OP
OP
G

Gary E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 1800 on it now. The first time I was near the free way I was towing a trailer and the book says do not do that for the first 500 miles and if unavoidable go slower. I live in Montana and the nearest interstate is 115 miles away but I will be heading to Utah shortly and the speed limit on the road is 80. I don't see it getting the same at 80 that it gets at 60MPH.

OP
OP
G

Gary E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow I thought the speed would cut it bad, I guess I will find out. The beast has no shortage of power I will say that. My wife just smiles.:)

andrenj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got 21.5 from Atlanta to NJ averaging 72 mph entire 900 mile trip, including 4 stops, in ‘20 Denali XL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

keg97

Reaction score
I've found it depends on many factors as to when the 4 cylinders shut off- since that's how you get a solid MPG figure. Things from weight in the vehicle to even the wind direction- after all we're driving a big ole brick through the air!

TwoBigBoys n dog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my question is what MPG can I expect on a 2020 Yukon Denali on the open free ways? Out in the west the limit is 80 and traffic is doing it. I am just breaking it in and have avoided the free way so far and it does get the advertised 21 mpg at the slower speeds. Does the big 6.2 go to about 9 at the true free way speed?

You may get 22 mpg on the highway, but only in the flats. I had 18.2 mpg* overall on a 2K trip from eastern Washington to western North Dakota on the interstate(s) with less than 200 miles 'in town' driving over the Holidays. I have an '18 Yukon Denali, now with 27K, the 6.2L, was running fully loaded with a big Yakima box on 20" Blizzaks, mostly in 2H with limited use of the 'auto' 4WD. Luck or clean living, the roads were amazingly clear and dry. Safe travels. *Running 91 octane

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan