2020 Yukon Denali..Fuel miles per gallon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your not broken in yet. My best mileage started after 5000 miles. I had a 2017 Denali which had the 8 speed and routinely got 21-23 mpg at 80 mph on the highway. I have gotten higher but it took some effort. If your all stock with tires and suspensions, check your air pressures, premium fuel, and aren't flooring it...you will definitely get over 20 mpg at 80 mph, most get up to 24 mpg if you really easy going up to speed. The best part of owning that truck is fuel mileage on a 6000lb truck!! LOL

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my question is what MPG can I expect on a 2020 Yukon Denali on the open free ways? Out in the west the limit is 80 and traffic is doing it. I am just breaking it in and have avoided the free way so far and it does get the advertised 21 mpg at the slower speeds. Does the big 6.2 go to about 9 at the true free way speed?
Stock vehicle should get about 20 +/- at 80.

Ruby Roo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished 2300 miles from NM to Northern California and back. 22.5 mpg average speed of 74. I was running about 1900 rpm most of the time. 91 octane gas. 2017 Yukon XL with 6.2L 40K miles after trip.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your not broken in yet. My best mileage started after 5000 miles. I had a 2017 Denali which had the 8 speed and routinely got 21-23 mpg at 80 mph on the highway. I have gotten higher but it took some effort. If your all stock with tires and suspensions, check your air pressures, premium fuel, and aren't flooring it...you will definitely get over 20 mpg at 80 mph, most get up to 24 mpg if you really easy going up to speed. The best part of owning that truck is fuel mileage on a 6000lb truck!! LOL

My experience exactly.

I’ll add that I tried a “hypermile” and got 28 MPG at 55 MPH for 20 miles on flat roads. But like I said, my normal experience is the above and it’s amazing for a vehicle this big and heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MVR 155

Reaction score
On my road trips that I take yearly which include Chicago to northern Michigan (360 miles each way) and out to Copper Mountain in Colorado. I typically get around 17.5-18.5mpg's with my Thule box mounted on the roof, speed is typically between 80-90mph. I just got home from Michigan on Saturday, my average speed was 82mph and my DIC said 18.4mpg which at the pump is about .4-.6mpg high so call it 17.8mpg. I think the mileage on these trucks is pretty damn good considering the size, weight, etc..... On the way up to Michigan I drove through some of the worst blizzard type conditions I've encountered which kept my speeds around 50-55mph, DIC showed 24.7mpgs and that was in 4wd high.

Lalo

Reaction score
mileage.jpg

This was my mileage after a road trip of 2900 miles with a 6.2 cruise set at just over the speed limit and included local street driving in Laredo and Houston , I was happy except for the Illinois State police stopping me for doing 73 in a 70 ......:-(

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
View attachment 238102

This was my mileage after a road trip of 2900 miles with a 6.2 cruise set at just over the speed limit and included local street driving in Laredo and Houston , I was happy except for the Illinois State police stopping me for doing 73 in a 70 ......:-(

That’s kind of petty for sure. Did you get a ticket or just a warning?

Those idiots. Did he tip his hat forward before he approached your car? Lol

Lalo

Reaction score
That’s kind of petty for sure. Did you get a ticket or just a warning?

Just a written/printed warning and they checked my brothers ID as well as a game of 20 questions in his squad car ...... the funny thing is I am not a fast driver I just had my cruise control at 73 to not get in the way of the 18 wheelers after the stop I put the cruise right on 75 and was getting in the way of the big 18 wheelers ......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons