2020 Yukon Denali..Fuel miles per gallon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a written/printed warning and they checked my brothers ID as well as a game of 20 questions in his squad car ...... the funny thing is I am not a fast driver I just had my cruise control at 73 to not get in the way of the 18 wheelers after the stop I put the cruise right on 75 and was getting in the way of the big 18 wheelers ......
Where did this happen?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My "average" mpg usually shows like 17.9. I reset that about 3k miles ago and it has steadily held around 18.3. The best Ive gotten was a trip to Florida (longest distance I've travelled thus far) and I think it was right at 22. I'll be doing a long road trip in a few months so I will have a more accurate reading.

As far as break in, I did several rounds of 0-100 mph pulls from 9-14 miles on the odometer. Then drove 470 miles home from the dealer and kept it between 80-95 the whole way. I think you're safe to get it on the interstate. I did do the first oil change at 2700 miles, 2nd at 5k, and have done oil changes every 5k since. Currently just hit 15k and did the oil change and tire rotation last night.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 35 mpg for a 50-mile stretch once on US-90 in West Texas. There was a REAL stiff tail wind. If I coulda set up a sail, I coulda probly done 45 mph with the engine turned off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 238102

This was my mileage after a road trip of 2900 miles with a 6.2 cruise set at just over the speed limit and included local street driving in Laredo and Houston , I was happy except for the Illinois State police stopping me for doing 73 in a 70 ......:-(

The Leo was probably pissed off because he was driving a 6 Banger Explorer Utility.

That’s kind of petty for sure. Did you get a ticket or just a warning?

In Florida they would have to stop everyone on I-95 and the Turnpike. A Leo mentioned to me at the carwash a couple of years ago that most Troopers set their radar to 80 MPH.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So......just curious if anyone has any feedback with any notable MPG change when running premium fuel???

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So......just curious if anyone has any feedback with any notable MPG change when running premium fuel???

I've only ran premium in mine. I don't think it would change it, just reduced power on regular.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only ran premium in mine. I don't think it would change it, just reduced power on regular.

Pretty much the same as what I'm probably use too. The current Eski we have just seems to run a little better on premium but gas mileage isn't really much better.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Premium fuel has higher octane to retard engine knock, usually in high-compression engines. If you are burning high octane premium fuel in vehicles rated for regular, you are probably wasting your money.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much the same as what I'm probably use too. The current Eski we have just seems to run a little better on premium but gas mileage isn't really much better.

If you've been running regular in your current (now past) escalade, it'll be the same in the new truck. I may cheap out and run regular on our road trip, who knows.

I'm not really ******* mine, I just feel more comfortable running the premium.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Premium fuel has higher octane to retard engine knock, usually in high-compression engines. If you are burning high octane premium fuel in vehicles rated for regular, you are probably wasting your money.

I have to double check but believe the 6.2’s are rated for premium. I only use premium in mine cause it gets 1-2 MPGs better with it and seems smoother during hard acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC