2020 or 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jac1304

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a 2020 and save money or wait for a 2021?

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for a 2020. While the 2021 might be a nice redesign, I would be concerned with first model year issues - especially early in the model year.

Once upon a time, I bought a new Honda Accord sedan. It was the first one of the new model redesign that my local Honda dealer received. It was so bad, that Honda sent a crew and management staff to the dealer here in Virginia from the plant in Marysville, Ohio.

Lesson learned — buying a first year model, especially early in the production run can be risky.

Good luck which ever way you decide.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My take is they got alot of the bugs out from about 18 up in the platform, took them 3 years, probably will take 3 more years to get it out of the new one. I know the 21 is alot of eye candy but I am not sold on 80k worth of substance myself. If you had to buy new, find the loaded 20 denali or premier, get a big discount with 0% and smile. If used, a 2 year old one is almost half price, and get certified and its like a new car, with warranty. The values on used market are down right now due to the rona.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of great trucks/SUVs out there. Go look around. Grab something for a couple years and then come back and get the 2023 GM once the bugs are worked out if you’re so inclined. I’d never buy a first year nor a last year.

Why not a last year version if the price is right? I understand first year teething concerns, but do not understand the issue with the last model year of a generation.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not a last year version if the price is right? I understand first year teething concerns, but do not understand the issue with the last model year of a generation.
I just don’t like spending new car money on something that was designed almost a decade ago.

I also don’t like driving a “new car” off the lot and passing by the new model.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There always is going to be something newer/better. I’m one to keep my cars 8 to 10 years. If you want the latest car then do a 2 year lease but comes at a higher cost. It’s all personal preference. There is no one size fits all. I have a friend who gets a new car every year. He is not loyal to a brand. He wants the latest and greatest. Cost is no issue to him. Boggles my mind.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There always is going to be something newer/better. I’m one to keep my cars 8 to 10 years. If you want the latest car then do a 2 year lease but comes at a higher cost. It’s all personal preference. There is no one size fits all. I have a friend who gets a new car every year. He is not loyal to a brand. He wants the latest and greatest. Cost is no issue to him. Boggles my mind.
You have no preference between the very first and very last model years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879