2019 Yukon Denali..First domestic vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yar786

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey folks, call it a leap of faith but I love my Yukon Denali XL so far. The major thing missing from the vehicle is a rear entertainment system so I will be asking a lot of questions about it.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Yasar!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Virginia. I thought I’d use my rear system but with tablets it never happened. However, my rig is old and has to play dvds. Lots of nice stuff out there you can use in and out of vehicle. Good luck.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, call it a leap of faith but I love my Yukon Denali XL so far. The major thing missing from the vehicle is a rear entertainment system so I will be asking a lot of questions about it.

Man, when I was a kid my brothers and sisters had our own rear entertainment, it was called fighting! LOL

When ours were little that DVD player back there was the best thing since pizza and sliced bread. Now they drive me around.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from NH.

I hope that you will become an active participant in the discussions on this Forum. Lots of good folks here, sharing ideas and helping each other out.

I've never even tried my rear entertainment system in my truck, but then again, my kids have been out of the house and on their own for years, and my dogs don't really care about it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, when I was a kid my brothers and sisters had our own rear entertainment, it was called fighting! LOL

When ours were little that DVD player back there was the best thing since pizza and sliced bread. Now they drive me around.

You bring back memories, Swathdiver!

"His hand is on my side of the seat. Wa-Wa."

"If you two don't knock it off back there, I'll stop the car and give you something to whine about."

"I spy with my little eye...."

"Counting padiddles...."

I was always amazed just how fast my father's arm could whip around behind and reach us in the back seat, without him ever taking his eyes off the road. But, I digress.....

I will say one thing about the pre-tech days, however. There was always plenty of interactive person-to-person communication, while out on family drives, instead of being individually buried in phones, tablets, and DVDs. And, IMO, I think that we were better off for it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Joseph, we were way better off. My mother ruled in the vehicle. 4 boys. She took no shit from either of us. The "wait till your father gets home" warning did it for us. That belt was 2" wide and hurt. Extra whacks if we put a hand on our ass. I think that one was universal for all families back then.

We had our share of games as well. I was oldest so I was up front with mom but the other 3 in back. State license plates for sure. The usual pushing and shoving in the back.

This is a true story I swear: If 2 or three of us were in fights and mom told dad, when we all were at the dinner table dad would call us out and we had to settle it right there on the kitchen floor, next to the dining room, either fists or wrestling. That way he could monitor it and not let it get out of hand. Man oh man do I miss those days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts