2019 Tahoe, theft-recovered electronic issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hackseye

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a theft-recovered 2019 Tahoe Premier 4x4 at a befitting discount from a salvage-rebuild company/dealership.

the catch? Electronic issues.

Everything works, except.. keyless entry, radio stations, cruise control, lane depart assist, crash avoidance and park assist.
nothing else is wrong with it, it's otherwise a well-maintained running truck.

I took it to my local Chevy dealership for a diagnostic this morning, they said the only thing that's showing is a 'no communication with antenna' error and that it can cause any number of issues if things aren't all communicating.

There are no obvious signs of exterior or interior damage to any panels. The windshield was replaced by the salvage-dealership who stated it had been damaged likely in the attempt to access the vin plate, either for cleaning or placement of vin-obscuring glue. Nothing else was repaired or altered to their knowledge. Vehicle was privately owned, I am the 2nd owner.

I suspect that an attempt was made to disable the OnStar tracking, so cut or disconnected wires is what I plan to look for.

Before I tear out the dash for inspection, I figured I should ask if there are other easily-accessible areas for wires/modules that would be worth checking before I start breaking dash pieces accidentally.

Any resources would be amazing. I'll be updating this post with any recommendations for anyone elses future reference.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased a theft-recovered 2019 Tahoe Premier 4x4 at a befitting discount from a salvage-rebuild company/dealership.

the catch? Electronic issues.

Everything works, except.. keyless entry, radio stations, cruise control, lane depart assist, crash avoidance and park assist.
nothing else is wrong with it, it's otherwise a well-maintained running truck.

I took it to my local Chevy dealership for a diagnostic this morning, they said the only thing that's showing is a 'no communication with antenna' error and that it can cause any number of issues if things aren't all communicating.

There are no obvious signs of exterior or interior damage to any panels. The windshield was replaced by the salvage-dealership who stated it had been damaged likely in the attempt to access the vin plate, either for cleaning or placement of vin-obscuring glue. Nothing else was repaired or altered to their knowledge. Vehicle was privately owned, I am the 2nd owner.

I suspect that an attempt was made to disable the OnStar tracking, so cut or disconnected wires is what I plan to look for.

Before I tear out the dash for inspection, I figured I should ask if there are other easily-accessible areas for wires/modules that would be worth checking before I start breaking dash pieces accidentally.

Any resources would be amazing. I'll be updating this post with any recommendations for anyone elses future reference.
Thank you!
ANTENNA is on the roof and cables run over behind the glove box and radio, not sure why you would need anything apart at his point, just puill the glove box out look there at the HMI, pull the radio screen out look behind there, and check the the wire at the antenna on the roof, unlikely someone would have went to any trouble to sever it anywhere else but not impossible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian