2019 leveling kit install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I leveled the Yukon this afternoon. I purchased a Maxtrac kit that came with springs, shock extenders and ride sensor arms. It took a few hours only because I had to remove the sway arm ends the get my old springs out. Installation was straight forward after removing the rear wheels.

Remove lower shock bolts
Remove sway bar bolts
Remove old sensor arms
Then lower the rear end down enough to get springs out. Be carful not to go to far or you might damage the ABS sensor wires.

You reuse the spring rubbers, so in with the new ones
Install new shock extenders
Reinstall shocks with old bolt
Reinstall sway bar bolts
Remove rubber 'eyes' on each end of sensor arm and install onto provided shorter arms.

Done

It dropped about an inch but I didn't drive far. I did have to adjust my mirrors and it used to squat and bounce a little when I jumped on it, that's gone.
20211006_165143.jpg20211006_165147.jpg20211006_161431.jpg20211006_165143.jpg20211006_165147.jpg20211006_161431.jpg

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribing.

I just did a Maxtrac 3/4 drop, belltech camber alignment kit, belltech nitro drop 2 shocks and I’m not impressed with the ride. I’m hoping maxtrac gets back to me with the rear spring dimensions (I.D and height) so I can order a set of helper bags to see if that will improve the ride some.

After that I’m going to be looking at removing the rear springs and trying to find a progressive rate spring to see if that helps.

Also with the nitro drop 2 shocks I did not have to use the shock extensions on the rear for these shocks was already shorter then the factory Z71 units. But I might try putting them on along with the factory shocks and try that also.

Shannon

OP
OP
THarber

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the air ride shocks so the extensions worked great. I think it rides better than before but I haven't put many miles on it yet.

Tim

Dajoker06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I leveled the Yukon this afternoon. I purchased a Maxtrac kit that came with springs, shock extenders and ride sensor arms. It took a few hours only because I had to remove the sway arm ends the get my old springs out. Installation was straight forward after removing the rear wheels.

Remove lower shock bolts
Remove sway bar bolts
Remove old sensor arms
Then lower the rear end down enough to get springs out. Be carful not to go to far or you might damage the ABS sensor wires.

You reuse the spring rubbers, so in with the new ones
Install new shock extenders
Reinstall shocks with old bolt
Reinstall sway bar bolts
Remove rubber 'eyes' on each end of sensor arm and install onto provided shorter arms.

Done

It dropped about an inch but I didn't drive far. I did have to adjust my mirrors and it used to squat and bounce a little when I jumped on it, that's gone.
View attachment 352121View attachment 352122View attachment 352123View attachment 352121View attachment 352122View attachment 352123
can you show some images of complete truck. i have a 2019 i'm
thinking about lowering

OP
OP
THarber

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2" was advertised but I think its more like 1.5". I am extremely pleased with it.

RYE506

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
THarber,
Looks sweet.. Can never go wrong with black on black, that always looks good. I did the same maxtrac kit on my 16 surburban and I'm curious if you did anything with the stock bump stops? My ride quality is pretty decent but I think I'm hitting my bump stops every now and then. I heard about swapping them out or even cutting stock ones down.?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the past, i have trimmed the stockers or even used a smaller bolt in bump. it does give NORMAL day to day commute some added travel, but it hits far worse when really needed.

one of the old tricks i like to do, is drill numerous holes through the stock, basically just to soften them slightly, but keeping the full length. somewhat simulates what a Timbren bumb does.