2019 Esky items that the dealer is telling me are normal. I disagree.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2019 Esky CPO. I have it in to the dealer for a few warranty items that I think are off.

--Does the left side of the seatback sit further from the wheel than the right side? Angled? I feel like I'm sitting crooked, and I even measured from the wheel and its at least 3/4-1" further away from the wheel than the right side. And you can see it clearly where the seatback meets the seat.

--Does anyone's driver door panel feel plasticy and cheap every single time your leg presses on it, or you put your arm on it to rest? I feel like the clips all need grease or something.....and was amused when they said they could grease it but it would wear off in 3mos. Grease.....not WD40.

Dealer is telling me this is all normal for a 3yo. $65k truck. I just don't feel this is normal for the queen of the brand. My Yukon wasn't like this. I don't have pics at the moment as it's at the dealer.

Thanks!!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seat doesn't sound normal
but I am at a loss of how grease is going to make a door panel feel less plasticy?
if it's noisy or something pull it off and take a look it's just plastic clips, they pop off and pop back on. have to take door handle trim off and a couple screws first, there are videos on youtube.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
seat doesn't sound normal
but I am at a loss of how grease is going to make a door panel feel less plasticy? I mean unless your putting it on the outside like a slip-n-slide?
if it's noisy or something pull it off and take a look it's just plastic clips, they pop off and pop back on. have to take door handle trim off and a couple screws first, there are videos on youtube.
I just meant greasing the clips so they/the panel don't creak when I lean on it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just meant greasing the clips so they/the panel don't creak when I lean on it.
they aren't the kind like they used to use, they are push clips like christmas tree style, but.. you might want to take the panel off and check the ones along the top of the panel were the glass weather seal is those are metal clips, they will probably come off when you pull the panel then you have to put them back on the panel and re-seat them on the top off the door skin (metal part) when you put the panel back on, I found it best to start closest to the mirror & door hinge and then work your way down and around
putting some sound deadener on the metal skin inside may help also, when I did my silverado it made a big difference it used to rattle a lot now it doesn't.

Last edited:

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mostly normal. This is why I buy 2year old, low mile ones 40% off sticker (at least this was doable up until the last 18 months or so). This way, I don’t feel like I paid full price and got kicked in the balls.

OP
OP
R

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mostly normal. This is why I buy 2year old, low mile ones 40% off sticker (at least this was doable up until the last 18 months or so). This way, I don’t feel like I paid full price and got kicked in the balls.
This is a ‘19 with 11k miles. None of this is normal.

I had to go back to the dealer yesterday just to demonstrate another issue, a leaking exhaust, that they “couldn’t hear” after having the truck a week. I reproduced the sound, at the very RPM I detailed in the initial explanation, before we even left the lot, and proceeded to repeat the sound around the entire block.

Then, after telling me that the seat issue is normal because they looked at a few other used Escalades and they did the same thing, a 2018 was parked next to my loaner Altima.....seat perfectly straight, recline actuators operating simultaneously and equally.....STILL trying to get out of admitting that it’s a problem.

It’s laughable really

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a ‘19 with 11k miles. None of this is normal.

I had to go back to the dealer yesterday just to demonstrate another issue, a leaking exhaust, that they “couldn’t hear” after having the truck a week. I reproduced the sound, at the very RPM I detailed in the initial explanation, before we even left the lot, and proceeded to repeat the sound around the entire block.

Then, after telling me that the seat issue is normal because they looked at a few other used Escalades and they did the same thing, a 2018 was parked next to my loaner Altima.....seat perfectly straight, recline actuators operating simultaneously and equally.....STILL trying to get out of admitting that it’s a problem.

It’s laughable really
part of the issue here is (I assume), that you already signed and drove it home? if so then they are basically off the hook unless it's something that would be covered under factory warranty, if this is the case visit another dealer, gm warranty can be done at ANY gm dealer, nationwide. chevy, gmc, cadillac, hummer, buick, you name it
I have always taken my GMC's to the Chevy dealer because there cool and the GMC dealer is a @sshat

OP
OP
R

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
part of the issue here is (I assume), that you already signed and drove it home? if so then they are basically off the hook unless it's something that would be covered under factory warranty, if this is the case visit another dealer, gm warranty can be done at ANY gm dealer, nationwide. chevy, gmc, cadillac, hummer, buick, you name it
I have always taken my GMC's to the Chevy dealer because there cool and the GMC dealer is a @sshat
I drove it home in September. I bought from a non local dealer. I have brought it to my local dealer to get most of these issues covered under warranty. But I’m learning quickly that they don’t even want to warranty anything.

So....if it’s not taken care of, ill head to another semi-local dealer, or go back to Lauderdale where I bought it and see what they can do.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using a Cadillac Dealer or just a GM certified Dealer, you may have better luck at a Cadillac Dealer. You would think at the price point for Cadillac's the service would be outstanding but not always so, it seems hit and miss with Dealers. I try to build a rapport with my Dealer service writer and technician and stick with them. Have been with the same one for years. Favorite soda, drink or snack foods go a long way with each visit. Good luck and I hope you get it fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu