2018 6.2 Air Condition Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scrap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2018 6.2: First use of A/C this season. Pressure at 8 lbs. After re-charge the highest it got to was 21 lbs then dropped to 18. Checked it next day, was at 15 lbs. Put the same can back on the port, same results. Question: Is one can enough, should I try an additional can or do I need service?
Thanks

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2018 6.2: First use of A/C this season. Pressure at 8 lbs. After re-charge the highest it got to was 21 lbs then dropped to 18. Checked it next day, was at 15 lbs. Put the same can back on the port, same results. Question: Is one can enough, should I try an additional can or do I need service?
Thanks
Uh, you have a leak, and/or bad compressor. You low side pressure should be around 50 and high side 175 ish based on ambient temperature. You probably should seek the help of a professional.

OP
OP
S

scrap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Uh, you have a leak, and/or bad compressor. You low side pressure should be around 50 and high side 175 ish based on ambient temperature. You probably should seek the help of a professional.
Thanks, thats what I figured. Too bad, the trucks not that old.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks
The 2015-2017 [and probably early 2018 models] had issues with the Condenser. I had to have mine replaced at 80K miles.

It's a good ideal just to leave the a/c system running all the time. Leaving it off for long periods is never a good thing. I just set mine at 72 and forget it. I have done that on all my vehicles for decades.

I do not trust a/c shops so when it comes to a/c issues I take to the dealer.

But that is just me.

OP
OP
S

scrap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. The system often automatically uses the A/C even with heat. My under hood label shows 1234YF refrigerant. I don't know if that might indicate early or late models that have condendser issues.
Sam

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theoretically speaking you should be clear of the condenser issue years but its not unheard of.

I would deff swing into dealer and let them check it out. There are charts for ambient temp vs pressures of the systems. If you are that low you deff have a leak or a failure somewhere unless its 30 degrees outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17