2017 Yukon..Vibrating sound coming from front left wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not the OP, but I subscribed to this thread because I was having the same issue. I purchased a Timken front wheel hub assembly from RockAuto (~$195 shipped) and had a local mechanic install. Install was around $100-150 (hard to say exactly since I also had the Transmission Fluid exchanged as well). Completely resolved the horrible droning sound.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not the OP, but I subscribed to this thread because I was having the same issue. I purchased a Timken front wheel hub assembly from RockAuto (~$195 shipped) and had a local mechanic install. Install was around $100-150 (hard to say exactly since I also had the Transmission Fluid exchanged as well). Completely resolved the horrible droning sound.

Food for thought. If you have a tech/mechanic do work for you they should itemize what is being done and what each cost is. It helps if you ever have a warranty concern or if you sell your rig and supply records to the new buyer.

ThatGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good idea. He itemized it to a point, just put the labor altogether as one line.

OP
OP
DavesLEDrepair

DavesLEDrepair

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I replaced my driver side Hub. I could have sworn the noise was coming from that side . I still have the same problem . So I’m thinking it might be the passenger side. I’ve been under the weather so I haven’t had a chance to look into it more. I paid just under $200 for my hub. I purchased the Timpkin hub. I’m going to try and get it jacked up tomorrow to check the passenger side . I’m hopping I find some play on that side . That way I know I screwed up and did the wrong side ‍♂️.
By the way sorry so long to get back . But like I said been under the weather.
As soon as I get it fixed I will update what finally solves . I do the work myself so no labor.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The good thing is that the hubs are not side specific. If you still have your old hub that driver's side hub you can use it on the right side and see if that fixes the problem. Then if you want to replace with a new one, you can, so they will both be new.

OP
OP
DavesLEDrepair

DavesLEDrepair

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The good thing is that the hubs are not side specific. If you still have your old hub that driver's side hub you can use it on the right side and see if that fixes the problem. Then if you want to replace with a new one, you can, so they will both be new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts