2017 with 42000 miles am I crazy to consider it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2016 Suburban in March of 2017 for $39,750. It had 42k on it, I've got 76k now and no issues. Doing all of the 75k services this summer prepping for winter and so far have been completely issue free. It's the most I've ever paid for a vehicle but my wife loves it and I know it serves us well where we live.

Hard to believe $20k was too rich for my blood just a few years ago...

Good deals are out there, just see how it was taken care of and drive it for as long as you can before the sale is final. It's hard to have buyer's remorse with these SUVs, they are nice!
Any problems with any electronics? That's my biggest concern. I will have it checked over by a mechanic, but there's no telling when an electronic item goes bad. When side mirrors might be up to $1000.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I just bought a 2016 with 49k. No you’re not crazy. If it looks clean, runs good, price is right, get it.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a 16 this past Jan with 43k miles. They certified it, so I ended up getting it with a new set of Goodyears.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read my last line, don't fall for that trap, it won't bring nothing like that at Auction where they go with decent mileage, they know that , good luck to you.
David g...….:2cents:

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read my last line, don't fall for that trap, it won't bring nothing like that at Auction where they go with decent mileage, they know that , good luck to you.
David g...….:2cents:

Csurp

Reaction score
Are you solid on GMC or would you consider a Tahoe?

Last fall in Miami I bought my new 2017 Tahoe LT demo w 6k miles for 42k plus tax, title, dealer fees. Sticker was 56k. 2WD.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you solid on GMC or would you consider a Tahoe?

Last fall in Miami I bought my new 2017 Tahoe LT demo w 6k miles for 42k plus tax, title, dealer fees. Sticker was 56k. 2WD.
Suburban or tahoe xl. Also I want 4wd which bumps up the price.

cheyenne383

Far North Lurker
Reaction score
Any problems with any electronics? That's my biggest concern. I will have it checked over by a mechanic, but there's no telling when an electronic item goes bad. When side mirrors might be up to $1000.

That's my biggest fear as well... so far so good. Hope I don't jinx it.

MVR 155

Reaction score
Not sure what options/trim level is a must have for you?? Here is a new 2018 Yukon XL SLE at Laura for $47K. I completely understand a budget/ceiling purchase price but for an extra $7K to have a brand new truck with a full manufacturer bumper to bumper warranty vs. a 1-2 year old vehicle with 40K+ miles......... it's a no brainer to stretch a bit and go new. My apologies if I'm out of line in my thought process/suggestion but as a person who has owned over 20+ vehicles, settling on a high mile/out of warranty vehicle is a gamble. You have no warranty coverage and 40K miles is 2.5+ years of mileage assuming 15K/year. Throwing another $10K (or less) at this endeavor is going to land you a much better, lower risk vehicle that will be worth more money at a later date. Just some food for thought, regardless of your decision, I wish you the best of luck on your purchase!!

https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/Vehic...kon_XL-4WD_4dr_SLE-Collinsville-IL/3208938343

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts