2017 tahoe codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2017 tahoe with tons of error codes. drives fine and is used daily. has steering assist power reduced and stabilitrak on the dash when you start it.

things i have done:
check both front door jams under the plastic cover for the normal broken wires per gm bulletin.
just cleaned both grounds at the front body mounts on both sides and still the codes.
crawled around underneath and inspected the wire harness and didnt see any obvious cut wires or corrosion. dropped the spare and looked around also.

it has to be a wire or something. was also thinking maybe bad ecm but i dont think everything would still work as it should.

error codes.jpgerror codes 2.jpg

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the ground point underneath the truck by the frame under the driver seat. It definitely sounds like a ground connection. If the ECM/BCM was bad it would have faults everywhere.

OP
OP
N

nate985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you check the ground point underneath the truck by the frame under the driver seat. It definitely sounds like a ground connection. If the ECM/BCM was bad it would have faults everywhere.
i believe that is the one that i cleaned. its under the drivers side door and connects to the frame were the body mount is.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe that is the one that i cleaned. its under the drivers side door and connects to the frame were the body mount is.
Yes. There is one also inside the car near the driver side pillar close to the windshield. Under the hood there is one on the driver side attached to the firewall. I would also trace the negative cable on the battery because it attaches to the motor and then the front bottom frame.

OP
OP
N

nate985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. There is one also inside the car near the driver side pillar close to the windshield. Under the hood there is one on the driver side attached to the firewall. I would also trace the negative cable on the battery because it attaches to the motor and then the front bottom frame.
i did the battery negative one that goes to the frame. i didnt do the engine one. was sure if this had the issue with the dash ground like my 2015 silverado sometimes would. ill have to check that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar