2017 Tahoe-Brake disc, pads and hoses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan17

Reaction score
I need to replace rotors and pads on my 2017 Tahoe LT and I'm thinking about going with drilled and slotted rotors. Will this be a worth while upgrade to the braking system?
I will also be installing SS brake lines when I do this. If this is a worth while upgrade which rotors and pads would you suggest and, what issues can I expect when doing this upgrade?

I don't think I need to replace the calipers at this time will will know better when I dive in to do the work.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to replace rotors and pads on my 2017 Tahoe LT and I'm thinking about going with drilled and slotted rotors. Will this be a worth while upgrade to the braking system?
I will also be installing SS brake lines when I do this. If this is a worth while upgrade which rotors and pads would you suggest and, what issues can I expect when doing this upgrade?

I don't think I need to replace the calipers at this time will will know better when I dive in to do the work.
I replaced with powerstop slotted and drilled with ceramic pads. Easy project. I did not change lines though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dan17

Dan17

Reaction score
Did you guys noticed a difference after installing the slotted and drilled rotor's and ceramic pads.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you guys noticed a difference after installing the slotted and drilled rotor's and ceramic pads.
Less warpage, the first set lasted over 75k miles before needing replaced. Factory was toast at 60k. No brake dust either.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run the powerstop Z36 kit, front ands rear

Very noticeable difference, especially with the slightly larger tire and heavy wheel combo

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 with @STORMIN08
I'm running the Z36 kit as well. Certainly have noticed a difference and not too unreasonable $ upgrade. This is their truck and tow brake upgrade offering for us. Compared to OE specs, I have a bit more weight from suspension components and bigger tires to move around/STOP; I am very pleased with their performance so far. About 10k miles now.
You also have the option of purchasing upgraded calipers with the Z36 kit as well. I think red was the color offered, but not 100% sure on that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought these rotor's for my 2018 and have been very happy with them, the hat is drilled as well the rotor surface
you will find they are only marketed for the 2010-2011 police tahoe but they fit and work on 07-20
rockauto
Capture.JPG
2011 CHEVROLET TAHOE 5.3L V8 Rotor | RockAuto
AR82132XPR

OP
OP
Dan17

Dan17

Reaction score
Thanks all. With this truck the drilled and slotted does seem like a worth while upgrade.
Did any of you change the brake hoses too or was that not necessary?

OP
OP
Dan17

Dan17

Reaction score
I bought these rotor's for my 2018 and have been very happy with them, the hat is drilled as well the rotor surface
you will find they are only marketed for the 2010-2011 police tahoe but they fit and work on 07-20
rockauto
View attachment 348573
2011 CHEVROLET TAHOE 5.3L V8 Rotor | RockAuto
AR82132XPR

My 2017 has the stock black wheels, will these fit with the stock wheels?