2017 Tahoe-Brake disc, pads and hoses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys noticed a difference after installing the slotted and drilled rotor's and ceramic pads.
I noticed a pretty big difference, I had 22”x10 rims when I did the upgrade now I have 18” and 285 tires and they feel stronger.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to change hoses unless you desire.
A SS hose would offer a slightly better feel to any system.

Red calipers is the offered option as well...they're in there, just have to zoom in.

I have a factory 22, but they should clear any factory wheel. They are not larger, just a better compound pad.20210607_175856.jpg

OP
OP
Dan17

Dan17

Reaction score
Thanks for the help and recommendations. It does sound like a nice upgrade.

Ronald Lechleiter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you asking about the flexible hose, replacing those ? It depends on the condition and age. I have a 04 Tahoe that my mechanic just replaced the front brakes. I also got the Z36 kit, just rotor, pads. He found it was just the right side was bad, caliber still good as pistons moved freely, the flexible line collapsed on the inside not allowing the caliper to release burning and warping the rotor. He replaced the calipers, rotors and pads just last summer.
Depending on the condition of the lines it could be a good idea to replace them.

OP
OP
Dan17

Dan17

Reaction score
Ron, I believe mine are in good condition and only 4 years old with 80K on them. I'm leaning on leaving them as I'm not having issue with them yet. I was thinking, I working on them and it sounded good to upgrade and install SS flexible brake hoses.

Just curious, did you stick to OEM hoses?

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 with @STORMIN08
I'm running the Z36 kit as well. Certainly have noticed a difference and not too unreasonable $ upgrade. This is their truck and tow brake upgrade offering for us. Compared to OE specs, I have a bit more weight from suspension components and bigger tires to move around/STOP; I am very pleased with their performance so far. About 10k miles now.
You also have the option of purchasing upgraded calipers with the Z36 kit as well. I think red was the color offered, but not 100% sure on that.
+2, I’ve run the z36 kit multiple times now on multiple vehicles. The coated rotors are nice, resist rust for a while. Pads have good grab and minimal brake dust. I’ve had their red calipers on previous vehicles, powder coat holds up really well, this time around on the Yukon I painted my originals.

Ronald Lechleiter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ron, I believe mine are in good condition and only 4 years old with 80K on them. I'm leaning on leaving them as I'm not having issue with them yet. I was thinking, I working on them and it sounded good to upgrade and install SS flexible brake hoses.

Just curious, did you stick to OEM hoses?
Yes, he put OEM hoses back on. My Tahoe is a bit older then yours, 04 with 150K miles.

OP
OP
Dan17

Dan17

Reaction score
The new disc and pads have been installed and I needed to replace one caliper. The OEM hoses are in good condition so I did not change them.
The drilled and slotted disc's are a nice upgrade to this truck.
Thanks for the advice and tips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14