2017 Headliner Weirdness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Funny you mention this. We bought a 2008 Yukon XL Denali from a dealer in Clinton, IN back in December of 2017. It belonged to the mother of the guy who owned the dealership. We were thinking "Oh, this is a grandmas car, should be in pretty decent condition." When we got it home and started really spending some time in it, one of the kids mentioned that it looked like there were foot prints on the ceiling that only showed up as shadows. if you ran your hand along the headliner, there were barefoot foot prints pressed into the headliner. She must have been one hell of a limber grandma!
Gilf? Lol

OP
OP
U

UNFMoose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update to this. Back at the beginning of January, the GPS stopped working. I could wiggle the shark fin and water would squeeze out so we took it it as we were a few thousand miles away from the factory warranty expiring. They fixed the antenna and looked into the headliner streaking. Their opinion was that the leaking antenna was causing it. Didn't make sense to me since the antenna is over the driver, and the streaking was only happening over the passenger. Sure enough, no new streaking in the last 9 months!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Update to this. Back at the beginning of January, the GPS stopped working. I could wiggle the shark fin and water would squeeze out so we took it it as we were a few thousand miles away from the factory warranty expiring. They fixed the antenna and looked into the headliner streaking. Their opinion was that the leaking antenna was causing it. Didn't make sense to me since the antenna is over the driver, and the streaking was only happening over the passenger. Sure enough, no new streaking in the last 9 months!
Water travels, so totally possible if it dripped over and settled on the passenger side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9