2017 GMC Yukon fog light issue...LED vs Halogen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wicket daBear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick update; received in the PSX26 LED fog lights and they fit perfect! Took some pics, hopefully this is useful for any of the other members, it was baffling for me that most of the research for the model all said the light was a 5202, so not sure if earlier models took this and they changed in 17? My truck was a late 17 production, so not sure if some 17's and 18 models are different? Either way, the LED fogs are so much nicer and match the LED lighting for the headlights low and high. Thanks for the help and input tool2269!

View attachment 199986 View attachment 199987 View attachment 199988
Thanks so much for figuring this out. I've just started to look at replacement fog light bulbs and was having similar problems, but didn't get as far yet. Saved a lot of leg work for me!

Phillip Wallack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How much brighter do the LED bulbs seem? I am use to HID's on my truck but they melt the fog housings over time. MY wife wants a new Tahoe and the first think I noticed was the ****** fog bulbs when we were looking.

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much brighter do the LED bulbs seem? I am use to HID's on my truck but they melt the fog housings over time. MY wife wants a new Tahoe and the first think I noticed was the ****** fog bulbs when we were looking.

If you put in the CORRECT LED Bulbs, they work great. If you throw in some cheap BS from the China man on Amazon or Ebay, you'll essentially turn your Fog Lights into Flood Lights.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the difference is the first bulbs you ordered are for the "round" fog light housings, the rectangular housing bulbs are obviously different, some sellers note this in there item description and some do not.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mine configured to come on with ignition, and they no longer works with the factory fog light switch (no problem), but now allows the auto dimming function to work while the fogs are on.

OP
OP
4OFFSHR

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think they are too bright, I rarely use them now, but they do really work great when needing the lights to brighten any dark areas, but to drive with them frequently would blind oncoming drivers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10