2017 Denali XL extendable towing mirrors similar to 2500/3500 HD option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MT Elk Hunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I understand that the wiring on the 2017 or newer Yukon/Denali and Escalade have proprietary wiring different than the Silverado/Sierra pick-ups. As a result, I have not been able to find extendable towing mirrors similar to the 2500/3500 HD option for my vehicle and towing needs. Strap-on extension mirrors are not a solution for my needs.

I am looking for information on how to prompt GMC to provide an over-the-counter mirror or any confirmed work-arounds to have a 2500/3500 HD GM or aftermarket mirror work.

Suburban13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1A auto carries some from trail ridge that were just released a month or so ago.

jay67chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any luck getting these towing mirrors installed? Pics?
My XL is an SLE package with no built in turn signals, power fold, or blind spot detection. I'd buy a pair today if they mount right up to the factory mirrors. These look great compared to the snap on options.

OP
OP
M

MT Elk Hunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for some bad news, but after a short delay while attempting a wiring work around I am returning the mirrors. Even though 1A Auto website advertises "GUARANTEED TO FIT" it doesn't since the 2017 Yukon XL, Denali has power folding mirrors. I looked at the GM Sierra/Silverado Service Manual schematics but the wire connector placement was too different and I didn't want to chance further testing to figure out the rewire since I have already caused control modules codes to appear.

CND17 BURBAN

Reaction score
Oh this is sad news I was hoping that these would be a great solution for towing.
I was going to order a set in the next few weeks.

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a dream world I'd take the mounting base section from the 1A mirrors and the rest of the parts/plugs from a 2500HD mirror. Not sure if anything would line up though and not willing to risk the $$ finding out.

OP
OP
M

MT Elk Hunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In a dream world I'd take the mounting base section from the 1A mirrors and the rest of the parts/plugs from a 2500HD mirror. Not sure if anything would line up though and not willing to risk the $$ finding out.

That would be a good solution, but one will still have to figure out and re-position the wires in the 18-pin connector since the accessory configuration is different between many vehicle models. In a different thread I have seen that pgamboa has figured out, through a lengthy process, the wire positioning to adapt upgrade mirrors for the Sierra and Silverado models having different accessory packages. He even offers a custom built wiring harness, but again, the Yukon and Yukon Denali have still another wiring circuit. It is even worse if you have a diesel truck since some models have the mirror circuit shared with the seat circuit.

IamZ

Reaction score
Any updates? I have a 2016 Yukon XL Denali that I'll be using for towing but my mirrors are pathetically small!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645