2016 Yukon Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topgun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked mine up two weeks ago. We love it. No Booming noises at 40-45 mph. The transmission seems to work great. Apple CarPlay is a really nice additional feature that is still in its infancy but with future updates will become much more impressive. I drove it home 9 hrs from the dealership that I bought it at and averaged 20.9 mpg going from Boise to just outside Seattle. Pretty good gas mileage considering the distance and the elevation change going up over Mt Rainer. There is a slight rattle in the dash on the left side that we haven't quite figured out but its only noticeable at low speeds.

Apple CarPlay is supposed to wireless at some point. The 4WD XL Denali that I ordered was built last Monday but I have an understanding with the dealer that I can opt out if I want to. I really want to get the wireless CarPlay.

Does anyone know if it will be available later as an "update" or if I'll have to trade for a different truck to get it?

yahtzee

Reaction score
I picked mine up two weeks ago. We love it. No Booming noises at 40-45 mph. The transmission seems to work great. Apple CarPlay is a really nice additional feature that is still in its infancy but with future updates will become much more impressive. I drove it home 9 hrs from the dealership that I bought it at and averaged 20.9 mpg going from Boise to just outside Seattle. Pretty good gas mileage considering the distance and the elevation change going up over Mt Rainer. There is a slight rattle in the dash on the left side that we haven't quite figured out but its only noticeable at low speeds.

So glad I am going 2016...I drove a 15 an hour ago and kept feeling like a window was down somewhere. Is that a common issue in the 15's?

rad-man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yep. Common problem on escalades/denalis...

You'll see a lot of "buffeting" complaints

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Appleplay is so minimal at this point, i wouldn't let it delay you taking delivery of the new car.

Hopefully, they will be able to update it as gets developed more.

Ccampb1346

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats sounds like a great trip home. Hope you saved some money for that long drive.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

So glad I am going 2016...I drove a 15 an hour ago and kept feeling like a window was down somewhere. Is that a common issue in the 15's?

I haven't heard of this issue. I'm coming out of a 2009 and test drove a 2015. I guess you're saying its even quieter in the 2016? What did they change?

jason952

Reaction score
I would also like to know if there were exact changes re:booming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts