2016 Yukon Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Niner

Reaction score
After lurking on the the site for a good while and two tries at purchasing a 2015/2015i, I ordered a 2016.

Now begins the waiting game. It is already at "3000" status and has been assigned a TPW for 7/20 (the first week that GM is making the 2016s).

I hope that GMC doesn't announce a 10 speed Diesel in the next few weeks.... :emotions133:

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long do you expect to wait after your build date? Considering doing the same here.

OP
OP
N

Niner

Reaction score
From what I can tell from the forums I should be looking at 3-6 weeks after manufacture. The guys I ordered it from said this is the "first one" being built.

topgun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Niner,

I just ordered one as well on Monday. Where did you get the production code? I have my order number but haven't gone to the GMC chat line because they now ask for all kinds of info. When I ordered my '14 Sierra Denali, it was much easier to manipulate the chat. If there is another place to get info, I would appreciate knowing about it.

I was really disappointed that the White Diamond Tricoat isn't going to be available on the 2016s. I'm not wild about the White Frost Tricoat but will probably stick with it.

topgun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you're referring to the colors, I drove a 2015 Denali XL yesterday that is Diamond White. They have two Buicks on the lot sitting side by side...one is Summit White & the other is White Frost Tricoat. The White Frost is growing on me but the difference between it & Summit White is not nearly as much as Diamond White compared to Summit White.

I'm really OK with either since I have a Summit White 2014 Denali pickup I'll be trading or selling.

I'm going to wait on the 2016's even though I don't know the price yet because they will have a few new features & I think I'll really enjoy the Apple CarPlay...especially if it is wireless.

OP
OP
N

Niner

Reaction score
The easiest place to get your production code is through the chat. You may have to ask them specifically for what the code is because generally they will just tell you where it is in the system. Luckily I have been assigned a TPW of 7/20, which could change as many on here have experienced over the last year.

We will see.

OP
OP
N

Niner

Reaction score
Got my weekly status update and I was informed that the Denali has been produced. I had a TPW of 7/20. No information as of yet regarding the shipping but it has been produced!

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can take a few weeks to be delivered, but you're getting there!

jaycough

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pricing was released? I am on gm family first site and can't build or from main website. How did pricing differ from 2015? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts