2016 Tahoe LTZ rear lowering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

craigk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Craig, any luck? Did you reach out to Tony? Normally I’d say use 2” lowering springs out back and be done but I’m not sure how magnetic ride control reacts to a compressed shock or if you’d need extenders. My truck is an 07 and that’s what I did but I don’t have your set up.
I have not reached out to Tony but I plan on doing it
Thanks

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the McGaughys 2/3" leveling kit. Super simple install and brought the tail down to sit perfectly level. While you're under there i would recommend doing sways as well!

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TooMuchTxn,

Can you provide a link or part # for the McGaughy's kit please?

gmydoc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Tahoe LTZ with the magnetic ride and trailering package and would like to bring the rear of the truck down to match the stock front height What do you guys recommend
Thanks Craig
The Accessory Partners 2015-2019 Chevy Tahoe W/Autoride 2 inch rear lowering kit number PRS-27102 works fine. I used this same kit on my 2015 Tahoe LTZ with magnetic ride and auto level ride rear air shocks. It worked as described, now the Tahoe sits level. Their is no difference in ride quality,Tahoe 2.jpg Tahoe 2.jpg Tahoe 2.jpg same feel with no downhill look all the time.
Before installing the kit I ordered better grade 8 hardware rather than using the junk that came with the kit, that was my only complaint with the kit components.
The rear springs are replaced along with shock extenders and two links for the level-ride sensors, not a difficult job, I disconnected the level-ride sensor links to avoid pulling or pushing the sensors beyond their intended travel. After that the rear of the chassis must be lifted evenly just enough to unload the spring and shock (right before the wheels leave the pavement) lower shock bolts are then removed. Once the lower shock bolts are out, raise the chassis enough to remove the springs. Transfer the upper spring seats to the new springs and install the springs. Install the shock extenders and install the lower shock bolts. The replacement links require you to pull the ends off and thread the new links onto the ends, at least on the 2015 later applications may be different. Install links and the job is done.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP I would just go with Tony’s kit here:
https://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=578

Speaking from experience; It’s complete, great instructions, rides like stock, includes new bump stops for extended travel “free travel mod”. Plus gives you the flexibility of lowering more down the road if you were to ever decide you wanted to go lower than just a “level”.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol
That snarky dude cracked me up...and reminded me why I love the 'ignore' feature.

OP
OP
C

craigk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did get everything installed and the rear lowering kit was excellent and now the rear is level with the front all measurement are at 35 1/2" 20190411_233000.jpg 20190412_010556.jpg
20190301_101707.jpg 4.jpg Bottom 2 pics are when i got the truck

OP
OP
C

craigk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did have to adjust the headlights down as you can see in the pictures the black line on the cardboard is the line with the stock rear height and then with the rear lowerd the black line is much lower I did have to adjust the lights down 2 1/2 turns to bring it back to the stock headlight level
20190411_235616.jpg 20190411_235750.jpg