2016 Tahoe Door Handles Peeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCKelsey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone here has had an issue with there door handles peeling?

Ive got a 2016 Black tahoe LT and the black paint is peeling on all 4 door handles.

Hoping that warranty will cover it but I dont ever put too much hope into a dealer. I cant seem to find any nice looking handles online for sale either. Everything I come across looks cheap. And I dont want chrome handles.

Anyone know if I can find some OEM gloss black handles from anywhere?

Thanks!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are still under your 3yr/36,000 mile warranty Dealer should handle it with no problem. I would not be spending out of pocket money when it is covered by warranty.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics maybe?
Were they replaced and painted to match, maybe?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
You wear a lot of jewelry? Rings have a tendency to chip them over time which causes peeling.

OP
OP
T

TCKelsey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you are still under your 3yr/36,000 mile warranty Dealer should handle it with no problem. I would not be spending out of pocket money when it is covered by warranty.

Unfortunately, I'm right past the warranty stage at 37K .

Have an extended warranty but not sure if itll be covered under it. Pretty sure theyll try to categorize it as "paint" which is not covered.

Pics maybe?
Were they replaced and painted to match, maybe?

99% sure they were never replaced. But I am the second owner so I guess its a possibility.

You wear a lot of jewelry? Rings have a tendency to chip them over time which causes peeling.

No, I wear a silicone ring and its all 4 door handles.

Ill try to get some pics and post them up. Just frustrating because its not just 1 handle, its all 4. Which to me, proves its something wrong from the factory. Honestly I wouldnt be as worried as I am except for the fact that I cant even seem to find any replacements. So even if I wanted to replace them I dont know how I would.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Ebay. Just looked and there are quite a few OEM black handles for $15-$20. Better pricing, no tax and free shipping.

OP
OP
T

TCKelsey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you tried Ebay. Just looked and there are quite a few OEM black handles for $15-$20. Better pricing, no tax and free shipping.

The problem that I see on ebay is that theyre all matte black or they dont specify. I dont wanna end up getting something that looks cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission