Are the chrome door handles just covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeTex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to change my 2019 Tahoe LS’s door handles from chrome to body color (summit white). Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the chrome seems to be just a plastic cover over the body color. Could I just pull these off and get the look I’m looking for? IMG_4228.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to change my 2019 Tahoe LS’s door handles from chrome to body color (summit white). Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the chrome seems to be just a plastic cover over the body color. Could I just pull these off and get the look I’m looking for? View attachment 410966
looks like someone just put chrome caps on, I would go forward carefully with maybe a plastic trim tool or old credit card

OP
OP
TahoeTex

TahoeTex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe that someone was General Motors. I wonder if they do the same thing for the upper level trims with chrome handles too?

Gonna go forward with your red and use a plastic trim tool and some goo gone. Interested to see if they are just primed white or if they are actually finished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019