2016 Tahoe - Annoying interior rattling noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same issue. Mine sounds like something in the door but I’m too lazy to take the panel off

OP
OP
K

kdsimms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

So reinstalled the door panel this past weekend. Rattle still there. I believe I have isolated it to the passenger seat. When the wife sits in the seat, rattle is gone. May need to try pwtr02ss solution and give it a good slam. Otherwise, the only thing I think I can do is look under the seat side panels and the platform under the seat. Wish me luck!​

OP
OP
K

kdsimms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fixed! Based on comments by @pwtr02ss to slam the seat, I searched YouTube for rattles in Tahoes and found a video on a hack to fix this annoying rattle. According to this guy, this is a common problem. The problem is the seat latch is not fully seating to the connection point. Solution: Loosen seat plate, add some washers to lift the connection points up a tad and retighten. It appears to have fixed the problem! I would have never figured this out on my own. I've attached the video. I'm a happy camper now!!

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed! Based on comments by @pwtr02ss to slam the seat, I searched YouTube for rattles in Tahoes and found a video on a hack to fix this annoying rattle. According to this guy, this is a common problem. The problem is the seat latch is not fully seating to the connection point. Solution: Loosen seat plate, add some washers to lift the connection points up a tad and retighten. It appears to have fixed the problem! I would have never figured this out on my own. I've attached the video. I'm a happy camper now!!

Awesome!

markni12301

Reaction score

Excellent news. And if you're like me, it's good to remove all the Cheerios, skittles, Starburst, nerdz, etc, etc, etc, down there too....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick