2016 LTZ Power Folding 3rd Row Broken?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2016LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As the title suggests, the larger of the two 3rd row seat raises and lowers incrementally. Meaning, I have to press the button about 15 times and the seat only moves a couple inches up or down at a time.

Has anyone experienced this?

Is there a DIY on removing and reinstalling the seats?

Thanks in advance!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rig is older but you may find the answer in the owners manual.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See if you can have someone try to raise it manually while you actuate the buttons. Perhaps something is binding or stuck and the system has a built in safety incase something gets in the way. Sort of like a garage door that will automatically reverse if it pushes down on something foreign as to not damage the opener, door, or obstruction.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a Google search, there is a cable that may have come loose or broken and there was a fix listed in the discussion with pictures.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's either the actuator that pulls the seat release levers(one on each side) or the motor itself. Press the button and look at the rear seat release levers; if they are pulled by the actuator the entire time the button is depressed they are working, and it's your motor that needs to be replaced. If the lock actuator pulls the release then lets them go prior to you releasing the button I'd say it's the lock actuatir that needs to be replaced.

Lock actuator is under the seat cover, the motor is on the bottom of the seat. Replacing either will require the seats to be removed.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts