3rd Row Seat Stuck 2015 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

otismotis08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 60 side of the 3rd row seat is stuck in the mostly down position. When I press the power seat up/down button in the back, I hear a couple of clicks but no movement. No "whirring" sound.

The 40 side of the 3rd row seat works just fine. There is a "whirring" sound as it raises/lowers the seat.

Makes me think maybe there's an electrical/motor/actuator problem with the 60 side. I've verified that there are no obstructions that are blocking movement.

Suggestions?

daxstr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve your issue? I had the same problem, caused by a cable component to the release mechanism being out of place, and I was able to resolve it. Since then, a plastic piece that's a part of the release mechanism has cracked and will need to be replaced. Dealer quote today was unreasonable, so I'm starting to research how I might fix it myself.

OP
OP
O

otismotis08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve your issue? I had the same problem, caused by a cable component to the release mechanism being out of place, and I was able to resolve it. Since then, a plastic piece that's a part of the release mechanism has cracked and will need to be replaced. Dealer quote today was unreasonable, so I'm starting to research how I might fix it myself.
No. I took it to the dealer. When the mechanic looked at it, it worked fine. Of course.
After a few days, the problem came back. Ugh.

daxstr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No. I took it to the dealer. When the mechanic looked at it, it worked fine. Of course.
After a few days, the problem came back. Ugh.

Here is what happened with mine. If you have the seat folded down, you can fold back the "flap" to expose the sides of the seat. There is a metal cable with a hook on the end that threads through a plastic piece on both sides of the wider seat that release it allowing it to fold up and down (only one side of the single seat). My cable came out of the plastic piece, so I used needle nose pliers to put it back in place. You can manually push the plastic piece forward with plyers and then should be able to fold the seat down with the button which makes it easier to access everything and fix it. You may also have to remove the storage compartment in the back to access it if the seat is stuck in the upright position.

If the plastic piece has cracked like mine (see picture), that's a bigger issue as the cable comes out easily. The dealer told me they would have to replace the whole assembly for $700+. I'm trying to find out if I can just get the plastic part and swap it out myself.

IMG_0667.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what happened with mine. If you have the seat folded down, you can fold back the "flap" to expose the sides of the seat. There is a metal cable with a hook on the end that threads through a plastic piece on both sides of the wider seat that release it allowing it to fold up and down (only one side of the single seat). My cable came out of the plastic piece, so I used needle nose pliers to put it back in place. You can manually push the plastic piece forward with plyers and then should be able to fold the seat down with the button which makes it easier to access everything and fix it. You may also have to remove the storage compartment in the back to access it if the seat is stuck in the upright position.

If the plastic piece has cracked like mine (see picture), that's a bigger issue as the cable comes out easily. The dealer told me they would have to replace the whole assembly for $700+. I'm trying to find out if I can just get the plastic part and swap it out myself.

View attachment 260686
I would slap a few tywraps and some electrical tape on there and until the entire ‘plastic arm’ breaks you should be fine.

daxstr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would slap a few tywraps and some electrical tape on there and until the entire ‘plastic arm’ breaks you should be fine.

Thanks for the advice - I'll give that a try!

GM_fan97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hope the tie-wraps and tape was able to fix it. If not - maybe epoxy on a metal washer the same size as the plastic opening that cracked? Would just have to be careful with the epoxy - don't want to glue the metal arm at the end of the cable to the washer...I'm assuming it needs to be able to rotate/move freely when the plastic arm moves/seat folds

daxstr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hope the tie-wraps and tape was able to fix it. If not - maybe epoxy on a metal washer the same size as the plastic opening that cracked? Would just have to be careful with the epoxy - don't want to glue the metal arm at the end of the cable to the washer...I'm assuming it needs to be able to rotate/move freely when the plastic arm moves/seat folds

I like the washer idea. I haven’t done anything yet, just not raising or lowering unless absolutely necessary. Could probably glue washers in place and then insert the cable once dry. Probably need to do something before the plastic breaks completely and makes a DIY fix more difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts