2016 Denali Power Lift Gate Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeMo

Reaction score
My Denali's power lift gate seems to only work when it wants to. Doesn't want to open with the remote, from the inside, or manually pressing the button on the the lift gate itself. I have also tried turning off the power feature (turning the knob by the dome lights) to no avail. Anyone else having this issue?

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
Nope... It's a 16 though, so just take it to the dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE using Tapatalk Pro

pshrop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue on my '16 Tahoe ... ended up being a loose wire. They found it pretty quickly, was covered under warranty. I think they also replaced one of the hydraulics, although not sure if that was necessary.

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tailgate works fine on my '15 Escalade except that it won't open to 3/4 height like it's supposed to when you select that option from the knob in the vehicle. Only opens full height or nothing at all. :(

So actually I guess it doesn't work fine. Lol

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it will not open to 3/4 height maybe it was set at full height and it "thinks" you are at your 3/4 set height. I believe the 3/4 is where you turn the knob to manually set your stop point. I could be totally wrong though...

FRED13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Denali's power lift gate seems to only work when it wants to. Doesn't want to open with the remote, from the inside, or manually pressing the button on the the lift gate itself. I have also tried turning off the power feature (turning the knob by the dome lights) to no avail. Anyone else having this issue?

I have the same issue.....did you find a fix ? tks

OP
OP
MeMo

MeMo

Reaction score
I have the same issue.....did you find a fix ? tks

Ya, apparently they didn't seal the grommets properly in the factory so water/moisture got into the trunk lid area and rusted everything to hell. They basically tore the interior of the truck apart and replaced a ton of wire harnesses, connectors, and the trunk lid "computer".

FRED13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you post a copy of the work order so I can show it to my dealer ? much grass :)

OP
OP
MeMo

MeMo

Reaction score
Thanks....not what I wanted to hear....lol

Lol sorry, but hey better to at least have an idea of what's up rather than going my route. My truck was in and out of the shop constantly for the first few months because they could identify the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4