2015 Yukon xl electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingSizer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced a dead battery. Had full power then the alarm went off. I never had a chance to start the truck. I hit the lock button on the key fob to turn the alarm off and now I have no electrical power other than the dome lights and door locks. Can’t even see anything on the dash and there’s no chimes when I open or close the door. No lift gate, no windows, radio, nothing except dome lights and door locks. Pressing the brake pedal and the start button does absolutely nothing. No clicking, no cranking.
2015 Yukon xl Denali 6.2
Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced a dead battery. Had full power then the alarm went off. I never had a chance to start the truck. I hit the lock button on the key fob to turn the alarm off and now I have no electrical power other than the dome lights and door locks. Can’t even see anything on the dash and there’s no chimes when I open or close the door. No lift gate, no windows, radio, nothing except dome lights and door locks. Pressing the brake pedal and the start button does absolutely nothing. No clicking, no cranking.
2015 Yukon xl Denali 6.2
disconnect battery, clean battery cable connectors (even if they look fine) use a wire brush, check the ground cable to the engine and frame as well. reconnect battery try again.

Aggie76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Yukon xl Denali 6.2
Did you find a solution? We may have a similar issue. Went out to start ours in the garage and the running boards didn't open, no interior lights, no dash, etc. No clicking, no cranking... absolutely no electrical power. Tried both my jump starters that were fully charged with no impact. Hooked up two different CTEK's, 4.3 and 3300, and they didn't even recognized being connected directly to battery. Assuming the battery is totally dead. Will go see my local garage to get their advice in the morning.

Aggie76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, picked up a new Interstate battery and installed it this morning. That was the solution, cranked up immediately. Garage was surprised we had no warning with slow starting, clicking, etc. Oh well, wife is happy and that's what matters.

markni12301

Reaction score
Happy wife, happy life. You can quote me on that
Take your battery receipt, scan it or snap a high resolution pic and store it on computer or phone. Then keep that original receipt in the glove box for the future for pro-rated warranty or whatever.
Glad you got it solved.

OP
OP
K

KingSizer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I bought a tester to see if everything on the power distribution box on the battery had power. Discovered that the 175amp that powers the fuse box under the hood had no power. $130 part at dealer. A few nuts and 15 minutes later hood was down and truck started right up. Now I have a brand new battery and power distribution box. If only these darn lifters didn’t make so much noise and my back liftgate would go up, ugh. Baby steps I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zednelem93