2015 Yukon HID Conversion from The Retrofit Source

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's exactly where I installed my passenger side ballast. That's the only place it fits nicely.
Your install thread and pictures were very helpfull actually,thank you for sharin

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove tonight for 3 hours without a problem so far.
! thing that bothered me was that it feels as if the headlights are pointing up just a tad.
I'm hoping they can adjust them at the dealership

update: dealer checked and said the headlights are at the correct adjustment.
i think the lenses focus the light towards the middle in the halogen headlights whereas in the hid headlights the lenses evenout the light output.i read this after some google searches for h11 hid cutoff lines

Last edited:

detox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just did the retrofit source hid kit on my 2015 yukon. i used the hd kit for 2014 sierra with capacitor link and it works great. When i installed it i just extended the battery cables with some 8 guage wire i had laying around and flip flopped the system layout so that all the connections and bulk of the wiring/capacitor is on the drivers side where theres more room to work. Trying to fit the capacitor and relay in the area of the air box looked like a nightmare to me. So far no problems to report, no flickering as others have mentioned. I did modify some of the connectors to fit properly. Some connectors can actually be upside down and still appear attatched but will actually be quite loose. I can see someone not noticing that and creating a mess of problems. My only complaint is I did the 35w 5500k combo. Im not happy with the color match to the DRL led so i ordered 4500k bulbs to try out and see if they match up a little better.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i havent had a single problem since i installed mine.
just did a night drive from san francisco to santa barbara 5 hours straight no problems whatsoever.

detox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4500k was worse and really yellow. Sticking with the 5500k bulbs as i know i wont be fond of too blue of a hue. I think the DRL are closer to 6000k maybe even 6500k

BeavOR

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but here goes....

Does the box that holds the air filter just pop out? I'm simply trying to replace the passenger bulb and cannot get my hand in there. It's a 2015 Tahoe.

Thanks!

lilmac

Reaction score
and thats that.
sorry i could not get better pictures.
and the parts where i say "WE did this and that" is actually my friend who is a mechanic did pretty much %99.
i was just an errand boy holding the light or bringing things he needed.

I LOL when I read this. Great pics. I had this kit in my Sienna with halogen projector, then had to trade for 8 passenger Yukon SLE, which I converted to 9 passenger. Wish I had taken out my HIDs when I traded the van.

Last edited: