2015 Yukon Denali Uneven Brake wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyguy04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having issues with front left brake wearing more than others on 2015 Yukon Denali, here is the timeline so far:

- replaced all 4 pads and rotors at 42k miles with Z36 power stop

- felt slight grinding frt left after about 49k miles, got worse, pulled wheel checked caliper, pistons moved felt normal, pads didn’t show excess wear, greased everything up reinstalled

- grinding came back again lite, got worse, felt warmer than left, more dust on wheel, finally pulled wheel off again at 55k miles, inside pad was shot, replaced caliper pads and rotor, pulled right frt off pads looked like should at about 13k miles of use. Replaced pads and rotor so front matched.

Been keeping an eye on the brakes 2.5k miles since replacement and noticing the frt left has been warmer than the frt right still, checked with my ir gun last week and 30F warmer.

I have been paying attention for pulling and haven’t noticed anything since replacement

Thoughts on what needs to be checked out next?

thanks

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stuck caliper or frozen/sticking caliper slide pins would be where I'd start looking.

OP
OP
C

chevyguy04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I already replaced thinking it was sticking. The issue seems to be coming back.

other thoughts??

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bleed brakes and change fluid.

Did you replace the caliper: or just the pins; or both?

OP
OP
C

chevyguy04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bleed brakes and change fluid.

Did you replace the caliper: or just the pins; or both?

Replaced whole caliper, hardware and all.

Next thing I am going to change is the brake hose, thinking there could possibly be a kink or something not allowing pressure to release all the way.

any other ideas let me know??

thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That was my next thought as well. The brake hose. Do both front when you do the work. You should remove hard parts at same time and clean and lube at least if not replace. Hard nut to swallow but is recommended. Also, check the metal lines for any kinks or impacts. Flush entire brake fluid as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz