2015 Yukon and iphones - VIDEO??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JayZ750

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^^ thanks!

Like I said, we already have the movies in digital format on the computer, done long ago, so hopefully we'll find a process that works.

We only have the one rear entertainment screen in the middle... hopefully it will work and we can get multiple movies on there!

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ thanks!

Like I said, we already have the movies in digital format on the computer, done long ago, so hopefully we'll find a process that works.

We only have the one rear entertainment screen in the middle... hopefully it will work and we can get multiple movies on there!

What digital format are your dvd's in?

OP
OP
J

JayZ750

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What digital format are your dvd's in?

Not sure I understand the question.

Again, I don't have DVDs. I have movies on our computer/hard drive, already in digital format. I don't know exactly what what format they are in... except to say that about half were ripped via handbrake previously, and half are direct from itunes.

The ones from itunes might be an itunes issue (eg. they don't let you to burn back to a DVD/USB)... but I got to believe there is a work around.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Handbrake is probably an M4V file or MP4

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

You can convert the purchased iTunes videos with an awesome program called Noteburner. Been using that for years to convert purchased iTunes music to mp3's.

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are m setting on handbrake and the properties of one my movies.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 59

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have all my Blurays and DVDs ripped to a hard drive and was able to convert 20+ using handbrake and the MP4 settings. Just be sure to set resolution to 480. Each one works perfect. The only downside is i can't see a folder menu to select a specific movie in vehicle. Have to use the next track button to cycle through.

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the menu screen If you scroll to the bottom you should be able to view individual files or folder view.

krmullins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One of the things that I tried and worked well is loading or transferring video to a SD Card. You can plug this in the front or back to watch your movies.

In addition, this can also be done with a flash drive.

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions or need additional information, please let me know.

Thanks,

KRM

craftyorganic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Video Solution for Entertainment System

The problem with the iPhone video is really annoying. I had to investigate to figure out how to make it work and I finally did. It's a temperamental system. I wish GMC would have put more thought into the entertainment since this is such a "family" centered vehicle.

Anyhow, I created a webpage to explain the three options available to watch video from iPhones. Hopefully it will save someone out there some time and energy...

http://www.craftyorganic.com/category/reviews/2015-gmc-chevrolet-iphone-cant-watch-videos-solution/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA