2021 Yukon RES no sound through speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tony1525

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2021 Yukon XL Denali for our large family. We have the rear entertainment system for the kids. Got a fire stick all hooked up using hdmi and usb and video work fine but I cannot figure out how to play the sound through the car speakers. You would think the audio source menu would show RES as an option but it doesn’t. Anybody else have this issue and any solutions? Thanks

CRUZER312

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2021 Yukon XL Denali for our large family. We have the rear entertainment system for the kids. Got a fire stick all hooked up using hdmi and usb and video work fine but I cannot figure out how to play the sound through the car speakers. You would think the audio source menu would show RES as an option but it doesn’t. Anybody else have this issue and any solutions? Thanks
tony1525,

Note which screen has the Fire Stick plugged into.

Have it playing

Go to the Infotainment screen in the front

Go to and Click the Rear Entertainment App

On the left Pane, click on the screen where the Fire Stick is plugged in 1 or 2

You will see Listen. Click on it..

arcticcat522

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To piggy back off this, we can't get it to play spind out of the supplied head phones, or the kids other ones. The kids are watching downloaded contend through miscast off my wife phone. We can listen through the car stereo, but not headphones..
Any input??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094