2015 Tahoe vs 2015 GX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncophil

Reaction score
They are pretty much the same price, any input on which one to choose.

I'm leaning towards the Lexus due to its "GREAT RELIABILTY AND RESALE VALUE", but damn those new Tahoes are nice!

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy, get the Denali. 420HP and bad a$$ looking! The GX looks ugly.

Also, the GX is going away in another year, being replaced with the TX.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on what you need to be able to do with it. The Lexus has 1000lbs less towing capacity. The Tahoe has a greater payload capacity and a larger gas tank while getting slightly better gas milage (longer range).

One of the main reasons we've gone with GM SUVs (we have two of them) is for second row bucket seats. We have three kids in child seats so we need to put one in the back row of seats. Any vehicle that requires the second row to be folded forward to get into the back won't work because I'll have to remove a car seat every time the kids get in.

My wife ended up with an Acadia Denali over Lexus, Mercedes-Benz and others because the seating configuration would have been a pain in the ass.

So there are some differences between the two and you just need to decide if those differences matter for how you want to use the vehicle.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point on the second row buckets. Big plus.

Does Lexus offer remote start yet? Used to be dealer installed with a second remote.

OP
OP
B

broncophil

Reaction score
Good points PM and Lyon... But the gx just got a new facelift I don't think its going away....

uscgto

Reaction score
I have a GL-450 and I would buy another GL if I didn't need second row buckets to accommodate 3 kids and 4 adults in an orderly fashion. I wouldn't even look at the GX.

LIke someone stated above me, the only reason I am going for GM siblings is

1) second row bucket seats
2) extra space behind the third row for twin stroller and stuff.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
As far as reliability and resale go - the GM SUV's are excellent with both.

GolfEsq

Reaction score
They are pretty much the same price, any input on which one to choose.

I'm leaning towards the Lexus due to its "GREAT RELIABILTY AND RESALE VALUE", but damn those new Tahoes are nice!

I've probably spent about 10 hours total behind the wheel of a new GX. It's got superior off-road capability than the GM trucks and fit and finish is clearly better. You will also get better resale and reliability as you mentioned. The others have covered the cons and I would underscore the lack of space. Will be up to you on what will suit your needs better.

Also, I believe the 0-60 time of the GX is slower than the 5.3L GM trucks, but in the real world, I think the Lexus feels a tad quicker because it's got more low end and doesn't have the lag that appears to plague the new Tahoe/Yukons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n