2015 Tahoe..Truck Hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
This sounds like you're describing transmission jerking. It's the torque converter locking/unlocking repeatedly. Have your trans fluid flushed and filter changed. Problem solved.

I just changed the transmission fluid and filter about 2 months back. I'll change it again. Going to try cleaning the TB and maf as another suggestion.

Blkdout07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would also say clean your MAF sensor and throttle body. Just make sure to get the specific cleaner for each. I had this problem recently and that did the trick. Takes 30 minutes

Mark Shipley

Reaction score
I had the same behavior pattern with my 2004 Yukon Denali XL a little bottle of perfume and it turns out one or both of the front hubs was actually binding and they're pretty famous for that. I've had three of these trucks and they tend to go out about every hundred thousand or a hundred twenty five thousand miles.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same behavior pattern with my 2004 Yukon Denali XL a little bottle of perfume and it turns out one or both of the front hubs was actually binding and they're pretty famous for that. I've had three of these trucks and they tend to go out about every hundred thousand or a hundred twenty five thousand miles.

Forget the perfume comment the damn TV pick that up

Lmfao... I thought you sprayed a little bottle of perfume on yer hubs and they got all fixeded up....lmfao

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 with 78,400 on it does that predominately in 1st and 2nd gear. I have cleaned the TB, MAF, changed air filter, changed trans fluid and filter. Still doing it. I checked for codes but none. I was thinking of taking it in to a trans shop to have them take a look.

Rather annoying.

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
Well I cleaned the TB, MAF and changed the tranny fluid but the issue is still there. I can still feel a slight jerk when accelerating. Wondering if it's the tranny now.

TorqueToSpec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2017 with 78,400 on it does that predominately in 1st and 2nd gear. I have cleaned the TB, MAF, changed air filter, changed trans fluid and filter. Still doing it. I checked for codes but none. I was thinking of taking it in to a trans shop to have them take a look.

Rather annoying.

I have roughly 83k and notice this exactly. Hesitation predominantly in 1st and 2nd. I just had a transmission flush and they noted a dirty throttle body.

Well I cleaned the TB, MAF and changed the tranny fluid but the issue is still there. I can still feel a slight jerk when accelerating. Wondering if it's the tranny now.

You mentioned being on the highway, so I am assuming not 1st or 2nd gear but more generally. Any mods on the tranny with a tuner? More pronounced at specific shifts? In my research so far it seems that you are almost EOL on that transmission, and (for me) I am still investigating if it could be torque converter, or even the transmission fluid.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished a tune on my 17 and haven't driven it much so I can't say yet whether the tune eliminated it or not. More on that in a few hundred miles. The way it felt it seems like it might be the torque converter.

You state based on your research the trans may be at EOL at 80,000. Why did you come to that conclusion?

Thanks,
Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
That_FZ