2015 TAHOE LTZ RIDES TERRIBLE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

luch1019

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 15 ltz burb w/ MRC.
it rides firm, but great.

i have heard peeps that have MRC issues are software related.

luch1019 -
for the springs/shocks updated....diff part # than OEM?
Im not sure if its a different part # or not but i do know they did a 4wd update and reset the MRC software i dont think it rides great but alot better than it was and its tolerable now because before i was ready to take it back

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently just purchase a 2015 tahoe ltz im so disappointed it rides like crap hits bumps in the rode very hard like something is wrong with the shocks or something, i took it to the dealer they claim it was the ball joints so they replaced them , a lil better just a lil, now they gave me a silverado lt as a loaner it rides like how my tahoe suppose to ride, anybody else is havin this issue

Tahoe and standard wheelbase Yukons will NEVER ride as well as a Suburban or Yukon XL. Simply stated...longer wheelbase=better ride.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe and standard wheelbase Yukons will NEVER ride as well as a Suburban or Yukon XL. Simply stated...longer wheelbase=better ride.
When I was buying a little over a year ago, the standard wheel bases handled like crap compared to all the long wheel bases I drove. And That's even on the nbs models which I bought. I love the way my XL Denali handles.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For starters, have the dealer road force balance the tires asking them to try and get all values under 15lbs

If the dealer doesn't have the machine, find an independent shop that does

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stock (unmodified) 2015 Tahoe LT's ride is very harsh on the std 18" wheels & tires. Doesn't multi bounce or dip like with worn shocks but seems to exaggerate each bump or dip in the road... basically feels like off-roading on city streets and highways. Love all the new tech bells and whistles but miss the comfy seats and ride of my old 03 LT...

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wheels did your old truck have? 18s aren't extreme but not as comfy as 17s or 16s. Are your tires properly inflated? I like mine harder for longer trips to reduce rolling resistance but that does make the ride more harsh. I've got 20s on my 09 LTZ and was amazed at how low the recommended pressures are. I think the sidewalls give me a lot more pressure than the placard in the doorjamb.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, on your newer truck do you have a sport mode? That'll make it stiffer.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wheels did your old truck have? 18s aren't extreme but not as comfy as 17s or 16s. Are your tires properly inflated? I like mine harder for longer trips to reduce rolling resistance but that does make the ride more harsh. I've got 20s on my 09 LTZ and was amazed at how low the recommended pressures are. I think the sidewalls give me a lot more pressure than the placard in the doorjamb.

I was running 20" LTZ wheels and 285/50's on the 03 and I keep tires properly inflated on the 15. The harshness I am experiencing is not wheel/tire related rather it is a suspension issue. The vehicle seems to rock more violently than the road imperfections should warrant. Also no magnetic ride on the 15...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh