2015 Tahoe LTZ Magnaride ride height adjustment after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ben n

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ that got a 4" front and 3" rear lift with Readylift kit performed by a customizer here in town. They claim that they are not able to adjust the ride-height sensor for the Magnaride shocks, that that I need a bracket installed and they also cannot do that.

So as expected, the ride is extremely stiff, not very fun to drive at all. What are my options moving forward?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call ready lift and see what they say.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the source...who knows if the shop even ordered the correct system.

I just did a drop on a 2018 tahoe, the front kit was order non air, non mag...yet still came with adjustment rods for both.

Powerman 5002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
May want to look at the xineering obd solutions for shock sims and level sensors, just put it on my hoe with a front magnetic ride delete and it worked great, maybe with the call

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QUOTE="ben n, post: 1567595, member: 84235"] ...What are my options moving forward?[/QUOTE]

The 4” ReadyLIFT SST lift kit is not designed for the magneride/ air suspension equipped vehicles in the GM 2015-2020 model years.

I found Q&A items on their website, not sure if you were able to speak with customer service yet.

2D1BA253-C6F3-4A05-9A53-EF1A9A3043AE.png

I have a 2015 LTZ and was looking at this exact kit for quite a while. I ended up going a different direction with my suspension lift due to past experiences and my previous setup/mods.
However; IMO, this is a pretty solid lift kit. You’ve checked a number of items off the list when raising the GM model more than 2”.

You have asked about your options moving forward, and I see that Xineering has already been mentioned.
1) Xineering (Orlando based) builds a MRC (magnetic ride control) delete product branded as GM Shock Sims. They have resistors that “delete” the magneride and/or air suspension, allowing the driver to install the appropriate fitting shock/coil of their choosing. Xineering is releasing a product that plugs directly into the OBD II port under the steering column. Pretty cool actually (and works GREAT).
You could choose to use The Xineering product, but would need new front and rear shocks (perhaps coils) to accommodate the MRC delete.
IF you decide to go this route, Xineering is a terrific company to work with and they truly have a legitimate product. This opens up a new can of worms because you are talking about switching to a completely passive suspension. I have suggestions and would love to discuss with you if you go this route.

2) Keeping the OE magneride suspension and running this 4” lift kit will require some kind of fabricated bracket, or DIY manufactured suspension sensor control rod. Both of these items will essentially “trick” the onboard computer that you are sitting at the “normal” ride height. You could checkout SuspensionMaxx and their leveling kit, as an EXAMPLE. Their product is listed as fitting magneride vehicles and they include the BRACKET type of product to “trick” the computer
https://suspensionmaxx.com/product/SMX-GM715M

3) Keeping the existing setup with no changes: I’m guessing you are getting a Service Suspension System message and/or Service Leveling System message on your dash. Perhaps not, but I’m guessing you are.
As the lift kit you have installed is not designed for the magneride/air equipped vehicles, the computer is sensing that the vehicle is needing to absorb approx 3-4” of added travel. Thus, the computer is controlling the dampening of the magneride or air shock and making it “stiff” or “rough” in order to properly absorb this increase demand of downward travel. I’m guessing that since you are riding around now “stock plus 4” that the computer is dampening and making the shocks “stiff” nearly the entire time. When you do need to absorb an actual impact while driving then the computer will only increase the dampening more, making the ride feel even more rough and uncomfortable.

I would be more than happy to discuss further in this post or in PM Your options, questions, improvements, etc. It would be my pleasure. As I stated earlier, I really looked a lot at this lift kit and I also have experience with leveling and lifting my 2015 Tahoe LTZ.

Safe Travels!

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please keep the info / discussion here, it greatly helps others.

That said, an extension for for the sensor should be easy...I have some for a lowered magnaride, so it should just be a reversal of those.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1/4" all thread and some 5/16" black hoses make it appear as a factory piece.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645