2015 Tahoe Help Needed!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ltsheets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m having very odd issues with my 2015 Tahoe. Here is a list of what is happened…

- Service Brake Assist warning (I haven’t had the recall done and plan to)
- Cruise control will turn off with turn signals at times
- Stabilitrack Warning followed by stiff steering
- Airbag light lit up momentarily
- Occasionally the back up camera doesn’t work
- Car turned off 3 times while turning sharply at (luckily) slow speed

There will be days that go by that none of these happen and then one will. I’m hoping someone on here has already seen these and has an idea about a fix. I want to try and avoid dropping it off at a dealer with them having to start from scratch with troubleshooting. Thanks.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen an instance where all of these same failures occur at once, but I'm guessing it's something electrical inside your column? Almost every item on that list is wired through the steering column.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds dangerous! Have it scanned on test drive. Recommend factory fault diagnosis chart for codes.
Thats to start to figure it out. Keep posting results.
(That steering issue sounds like brakes were applied at the time.)

OP
OP
L

Ltsheets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I’ll keep you posted.

this all didn’t happen at once. It’s a compilation of things that have happened over the past few months.

Carlos Ruiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine is a 15 tahoe ltz and the dealership ended up replacing the negative cable harness. i also replaced the battery and been good since. I've dealt with this electrical gremlin for a while as well.

OP
OP
L

Ltsheets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine is a 15 tahoe ltz and the dealership ended up replacing the negative cable harness. i also replaced the battery and been good since. I've dealt with this electrical gremlin for a while as well.

Thanks for this. I think I’ll get a new battery for it and when I take it to the dealer, ask them to do the recalls and put a new neg cable batt harness and see if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076