2015 Tahoe headlight removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy454

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a tutorial posted anywhere on how to remove the headlight assembly on a 2015 Tahoe? My wife's drivers side turn signal is out; I've got 3 bolts out but the thing still isnt free.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a tutorial posted anywhere on how to remove the headlight assembly on a 2015 Tahoe? My wife's drivers side turn signal is out; I've got 3 bolts out but the thing still isnt free.

No need to take the headlight assembly out. The location of the turn signal is further down, so you just need to reach it. There is no wires connected to it, just a metal connector to deliver power. If you are replacing it with an after market bulb or led, make sure that the bulb will not fall, other wise it will end up (INSIDE) the headlight and you don’t need that to happen, trust me!

Here is a link on how to replace the bulb:
https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2015_Chevrolet_Tahoe_LT_5.3L_V8_FlexFuel/lights/turn_signal_front

e1844375bf9c1ee37bea572514455273.jpg

OP
OP
C

chevy454

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the link; it's just really hard to get your hand in there as its below the washer bottle and the 2nd battery box is really close so I thought it might be easier to pull it.

Also I keep blowing this turn signal bulb and there is moisture in the headlight. Is there a recommended, plug & play replacement available? It can be an OEM look like or even an aftermarket upgrade, I'd just rather not blindly order off of amazon.

Moguy0416

Reaction score
Thanks for the link; it's just really hard to get your hand in there as its below the washer bottle and the 2nd battery box is really close so I thought it might be easier to pull it.

Also I keep blowing this turn signal bulb and there is moisture in the headlight. Is there a recommended, plug & play replacement available? It can be an OEM look like or even an aftermarket upgrade, I'd just rather not blindly order off of amazon.

Only way I was able to get it was to pull off the bumper. It’s a pain in the arse.

E5249F01-855D-4455-A0B5-3D6B012C71F2.jpeg 50DD93BF-8AD4-4929-88E5-FDC4E2CF5FEF.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt