2015 Tahoe blower or supercharged? Next upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m wanting to know what people are using out there? Procharger, edlebrock, what roots style? What works and I need reliability.

Shadowchaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a great answer! ;)
Any other questions please let me know.
URL]img]

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
When I researched I decided to go with a supercharger for more punch down low. I was looking for the power to help my truck get up and go. I found that there are more options with a supercharger and most of the kits are complete ready to install with tunes to match. Mainly I went with a super for the whine. It’s fun telling people when they ask if I have a supercharger and I just tell them, nah my alternator pulley is going

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would go for supercharger

What a great answer! ;)

I know right... Way to narrow it down and provide some direction or even an answer to the OP’s question. It’s cool though thats one way to get your post count up... :doh2:

When it comes to power adders for our rigs in the form of boost I personally am pretty torn between the pros and cons of a Twin Turbo set-up and a Whipple/Magnuson supercharger setup. An Armageddon TT kit for example seems to be pretty “bolt-on” for an experienced mechanic likewise with a Magnuson/Whipple set-up. Granted there are more parts with an Armageddon TT kit but I feel the level of difficulty is negligible for either kit.

At the end of the day I think it really depends on how you want to drive your vehicle, where the power is important, and what you want out of it. None of us are buying these size vehicles to put down the fastest 1/4 mile times. I think it’s safe to say most of us are using these rigs for daily driver, family hauling, business commuting, grocery getting duties. Yet if you’re an auto enthusiast chances are you crave power, performance, with mpgs lowest on the list, etc.
Do you want to be fast off the line light to light? Probably supercharger. Depending on turbo set-up you could still brake boost off the line a bit pretty affectively.
Do you want to be rolling down the highway and hang with a stock Vette/high trim Camaro when they roll up? Or merge/pass on the highway like a boss every time? Probably TT
Is efficiency important to you and maybe being able to run around town and stay out of boost and maintain decent mpg? Probably TT

These are just some example considerations there are plenty more. There’s pros and cons to each power adder set-up and only you know how you like to drive and what you want out of your vehicle. With our vehicle platform there will be sacrifices in a lot of areas the question is what are you willing to live with or accept when spending the coin to boost this type of vehicle?

Cheers to adding boost to your truck. Good luck and a smooth installation wish for you. Hope it all goes well. Post up your exact set up and end results once it’s all done. The greatest benefit of forums like these are learning from the experience of others.

:beer:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with a Whipple and after a year I have to say I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I did add longtubes, cam, and some other stuff and it's a blast to drive. It's also my daily. I don't care about mpg so I stay in boost. A lot.

JJB809

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, my question is now pricing and is there a forum sponsor for getting a good price on the system.
Thanks!
JJB

JJB809

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In my list is also a big brake kit, my Tahoe 2017 Premier is asking for it. I don’t care if its a front Cadillac brake kit! Have to keen on budget! Exhaust is also concerning, I want a performance quiet good sounding one. Who here suggest long tube headers?
Thanks amigos!
JJB