2015 Tahoe/Another Steering wheel click

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Chisam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am still having issues with the annoying clicking when turning at low speeds. I have went through the TSB twice now and replaced the race, seat and spring. It resolved the issue for about 6 months each time. Anyone had luck with a permanent fix? I love our Tahoe but this is driving me insane. 15 ltz

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still having issues with the annoying clicking when turning at low speeds. I have went through the TSB twice now and replaced the race, seat and spring. It resolved the issue for about 6 months each time. Anyone had luck with a permanent fix? I love our Tahoe but this is driving me insane. 15 ltz
You are sure this noise is from the steering wheel inside the cab and not a noise from the engine bay?

OP
OP
J

Jeff Chisam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there is a tsb on it for the early k2's
it's always something, lol
depending on how annoying it is I would consider just replacing the column, with one from a later model.
What is the best year to swap from that will work and not have the issue?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the best year to swap from that will work and not have the issue?
not sure but that tsb seems to cover 15-17 so I would assume 18-20. you might want to check with some higher end wrecking yards to confirm fitment I don't know of any critical changes that were made, things to look out for are like the clockspring could be different maybe. Not sure what your trim level is but some are manual tilt and some are electric, not sure if you could get away with upgrading to electric from manual or what that would require. It's kind of unexplored territory.