2015 4x4 Tahoe - purchased lowered and need to raise 2-3" above stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thought is see if you can find a stock height vehicle with auto level control and see what angle the sensors are at when at rest and try and duplicate those angles on your vehicle’s sensors.

There's a lot of variance between vehicles, but that's a decent start. The sure way would be to hook a Tech2 to it and move the sensor arms until the computer is seeing the position it knows as ride height, then make the rod match that length. For any small deviation afterward, you can use the Tech2 to relearn the position as it's ride height.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig!!

What I would do on the rear sensor arms is mark their location at stock height, then adjust them to that same location at your lifted height...and start from there.

OP
OP
John Hanses

John Hanses

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, Olyelr! I've got 2" additional height in the rear and so I'm going to lower 1", then set the sensor, and make all my final adjustments - like the linkage to the rear swaybar - it's a little pinched. Also the rear shocks were fully extended so I took the lowering brackets and flipped them over and welded them to the stock brackets, so, I have some cutting, grinding, and painting to get them looking good - I'll try to remember to send pics - not too pretty at this point but doing the job perfectly.

OP
OP
John Hanses

John Hanses

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They may be - I bought the set used to replace the 24" low-rider set the previous owner had. And, yeah, I think they look real good! :)

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way this guy lowered it, that upper control arm angle looks funky. Which is to be expected with a shorter than expected spring with the stock control arms.